• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL California

How about a minimum competency exam before you're allowed to run for office?  Yeah, I know, some court will say it's unconstitutional. 

My assemblywoman has a degree in Sociology and had been teaching 3rd grade for the previous 25 years before going to Sacramento.  Her only political experience was city council where the city attorney had to spoon feed legal concepts to her one at a time.  

We can't afford to have people making laws who don't understand the most fundamental concepts of law, accounting, finance, and economics.  She's clueless in all of those areas. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the state in the past dipped in the fuel tax fund in order to cover deficits in the general fund?

Yes, which is why it allegedly has no money to pay for road repairs, etc. If it used the money collected from the gas tax for the roads, the roads would be sufficiently funded.

By the way, off topic here but did anyone try to take the interchange from the 22 west to the 5 north this morning? Caltrans had it totally shut down, at 8:30 a.m., to perform maintenance. Only the government would be so incompetent that it would shut down a freeway interchange in the middle of rush hour, on the busiest traffic day of the week, to perform maintenance. That alone is all the proof you need that government is incompetent and needs to be reduced, not expanded.

i think i can pretty much tell you right now how the public would feel about it, you tool bag.

That will be $500,000 for the "study", please.

Sounds rather like what NV Energy, our electric utility, did to us. They encouraged people to take various measures to save energy so that they wouldn't have to build more generating plants or buy power on the open market. People took it to heart and did so. Then NVE went before the Nevada Public Utilities Commission and asked for a rate increase because their revenue is down.

Sounds rather like what NV Energy, our electric utility, did to us. They encouraged people to take various measures to save energy so that they wouldn't have to build more generating plants or buy power on the open market. People took it to heart and did so. Then NVE went before the Nevada Public Utilities Commission and asked for a rate increase because their revenue is down.

Sounds like the CFL scam they forced upon everyone.  Lower energy usage so the power companies can raise rates without anybody noticing.  Hey, your bill is the same as it was three years ago!!!  Yeah, but my energy usage is down 20%. 

Bunch of clowns.

Should not paying your fair share on road maintenance be a benefit of a fuel efficient car?

Just charging for mileage driven is overly simplistic. Heavier vehicles cause far more wear and tear on infrastructure. It isn't as simple as charging for mileage. A Prius driven five miles doesn't cause the same amount of wear to a street or highway as, say, a delivery truck.

"your fair share" wouldn't be decided by anything more than how far you had to drive to work.

This also doesn't account for people whose driving is their work (couriers, shuttle drivers, etc.), or those who deliver or provide services to people at their homes (pool cleaning services, landscapers, etc.). This would be almost like hitting them with another income tax that people who don't drive for a living don't have to pay.

Just charging for mileage driven is overly simplistic. Heavier vehicles cause far more wear and tear on infrastructure. It isn't as simple as charging for mileage. A Prius driven five miles doesn't cause the same amount of wear to a street or highway as, say, a delivery truck.

This also doesn't account for people whose driving is their work (couriers, shuttle drivers, etc.), or those who deliver or provide services to people at their homes (pool cleaning services, landscapers, etc.). This would be almost like hitting them with another income tax that people who don't drive for a living don't have to pay.

Both good points.

A little off-topic but related ... have you guys seen the Automated License Plate Readers all over the freeways, and now, on city streets?  

The state tries to reassure us that the information is kept confidential and discarded after a set time period.  My buddy who works for the CHP says that's bullshit in many cases.  The database software for the back office server has sophisticated searching capabilities, including the use of wildcards.  So say somebody reports a crime but can't remember the suspect's full license plate or make/model of the car.  If all the person remembers is the first 3 digits and color of the car, that still implicates several thousand vehicles.  Any potential vehicle matches (and the registered owner information) gets dumped into the case file and remains there indefinitely until the case is solved, if ever.  I presume this is only for felony hit and run / homicide type cases, but who knows?

Guess who uses that license plate tracking information? The IRS.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-17/irs-among-agencies-using-license-plate-tracking-vendor.html

glendale water and power did the same exact thing. screw them.