• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL California

It's probably more taxes if you drive a lot, probably less taxes if you don't.

that may be, but it's a double tax. i'm already being taxed for buying gas, and now they want to tax me for how far i drive. talk about intrusive.

that may be, but it's a double tax. i'm already being taxed for buying gas, and now they want to tax me for how far i drive. talk about intrusive.

There wouldn't be a tax at the pump with this.

There would still be a tax at the pump, at least a federal tax.

Not the best idea. I understand that a significant reduction in fuel taxes, which are a large part of what maintains our roads and highways, can cause challenges with maintaining those roads and highways...but government installed GPS devices...bad idea.

The challenge is, when you have a crumbling infrastructure and need to pay for bridge maintenance, road maintenance, highway maintenance, etc....how do you do that while at the same time pushing people to use more fuel efficient and non-petroleum based vehicles.

I know from a federal perspective later this year the Highway Trust Fund will not have enough money to pay all it's bills many of which are to the states for their projects.  That said you can't keep going back to taxpayers for more money when the government is running annual deficits and the middle class is getting pounded.  Time to show some responsibility with what you bring in and stop buying votes before we're all ****ed.    

"California wants to try charging car owners by the mile instead of having them pay at the pump."

LOL!  As if it's going to be one or the other.  They're going to charge you by the mile AND at the pump! 

They are going to pump you for every mile.

it's none of the gov't's business how far i drive and where i go.

this gps device is a really, really bad idea.

Exactly. Fortunately, GPS is an extremely low power signal and unencrypted so it's easy to spoof. You could have a small device in your car that transmits (on GPS freqs) any location of your choice (ie your home) at all times. Travel around and it will always think you're at home. Spoofing odometer info is more difficult but not impossible.

Of more concern is that government continues to assert undelegated privileges over us. They have never been granted the permission to monitor and track the free associations of their masters.

A little off-topic but related ... have you guys seen the Automated License Plate Readers all over the freeways, and now, on city streets?  

The state tries to reassure us that the information is kept confidential and discarded after a set time period.  My buddy who works for the CHP says that's bullshit in many cases.  The database software for the back office server has sophisticated searching capabilities, including the use of wildcards.  So say somebody reports a crime but can't remember the suspect's full license plate or make/model of the car.  If all the person remembers is the first 3 digits and color of the car, that still implicates several thousand vehicles.  Any potential vehicle matches (and the registered owner information) gets dumped into the case file and remains there indefinitely until the case is solved, if ever.  I presume this is only for felony hit and run / homicide type cases, but who knows?

There would still be a tax at the pump, at least a federal tax.

Not the best idea. I understand that a significant reduction in fuel taxes, which are a large part of what maintains our roads and highways, can cause challenges with maintaining those roads and highways...but government installed GPS devices...bad idea.

The challenge is, when you have a crumbling infrastructure and need to pay for bridge maintenance, road maintenance, highway maintenance, etc....how do you do that while at the same time pushing people to use more fuel efficient and non-petroleum based vehicles.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't the state in the past dipped in the fuel tax fund in order to cover deficits in the general fund?

Of more concern is that government continues to assert undelegated privileges over us. They have never been granted the permission to monitor and track the free associations of their masters.

boy, that is one hundred percent on target. it's none of their business. NDAA, patriot act, unlimited detentions, secret courts, drone attacks, and tracking where and when we drive.

i don't like this one bit.