• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LOL California

"“We want to do as Washington and Oregon have done in a much bigger state with much longer commutes . . . to make sure that we find out whether it would work, whether the public would like it or not,” DeSaulnier, who is also chairman of the Senate Transportation Committee, told KCAL-9 News."

i think i can pretty much tell you right now how the public would feel about it, you tool bag.

Yeah, well that is not really what is going on here. Let's first look at tracking every citizens driving as if that is not an invasion of privacy. Then let's create an overlord agency to monitor all of this, then let's bill everyone to have big government spying on you all in the interest of raising revenues. Nothing too insidious about this. It is an NSA wet dream. Next step; audio and video monitoring of your driving just to make sure you are "safe".

Democrats will do everything in their power to take money out of the pockets of those who work hard in order to give it to those who don't, all so that they can keep the poor down in order to tell them they are victims and to get their votes come November.

Have a car with great mileage?

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/post--california-trying-gps-tracking-mileage-tax-for-2016?icid=autos_5601

The California legislature says "screw you". Oh, plus you get the added bonus of being tracked everywhere you go.

I didn't see anywhere where it said this for cars with great gas mileage. It's people that drive the most that would pay the most taxes.

I didn't see anywhere where it said this for cars with great gas mileage. It's people that drive the most that would pay the most taxes.

The point is that you get a car with good mileage to save on gas. Federal plus California taxes on gas equals $0.71/gal, so it's not insignificant. But now, instead of being able to save that 71¢ because they aren't using the gas the government wants to charge for the mileage. They want to recover the money lost by people buying less gas but that money totals near 1/4 of the money being saved by buying a costlier and more efficient vehicle.

And that's not even the big issue. The big issue is the ****ing government-run GPS they want to install in my vehicle.

Edited by HaloMagic

No, the very first part of the article says that they are losing revenue due to the fact that people are purchasing cars that are more fuel efficient.

They are losing tax revenue from fuel efficient cars, but that doesn't mean that those with fuel efficient cars are the ones that would hurt most from this.

They are losing tax revenue from fuel efficient cars, but that doesn't mean that those with fuel efficient cars are the ones that would hurt most from this.

Please point out the part in my post that I said that those with fuel efficient cars would be hurt the most.

More taxes plus the added bonus of having the gov't know your constant whereabouts. Oh yeah, this can't miss.

It's probably more taxes if you drive a lot, probably less taxes if you don't.