• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread - Angels vs. Yankees May 6th, 2014

The Angels are REALLY hoping that AP goes deep 4 times tonight, or K's, because otherwise why on earth would they be putting Howie into the highest probability for RISP spot in the lineup?

Howie is third on the team in RBI and leads the team in OBP.  Not many players on the angels would be better coming up with RISP. 

WHY is Ibanez still getting starts?

The only plus I can see, is that this way his flailing futility wont be available off the bench late in a big situation.

I'm assuming his BA went below .140 last night. while his K rate remains a solidly in the 30%+ range.

THIS IS NOT A DH DAMMIT!

I know Stewart hit a homer last time against Kuroda but I'd like to see him and Ibanez spaced out in the line up. Those two back to back might really kill some rallies tonight. But then again, with the way this entire team hits with RISP it's all the same.

WHY is Ibanez still getting starts?

The only plus I can see, is that this way his flailing futility wont be available off the bench late in a big situation.

I'm assuming his BA went below .140 last night. while his K rate remains a solidly in the 30%+ range.

THIS IS NOT A DH DAMMIT!

Didn't he have the last two days off?  Or am I misremembering? 

who would you guys rather see at 4,5, and 6?  Cron? who else?

I don't really mind Kendrick hitting 4th, but yes Cron would be better than Ibanez, or I would even prefer Conger hitting in those spots. Heck, Cowgill hitting there makes more sense, given their current level of production.

Howie is third on the team in RBI and leads the team in OBP.  Not many players on the angels would be better coming up with RISP. 

You're correct.  Only Hamilton, Iannetta, Conger and Cron are ahead of him, so, around 18% of the team is better than him with RISP.

I stand corrected.

You're correct.  Only Hamilton, Iannetta, Conger and Cron are ahead of him, so, around 18% of the team is better than him with RISP.

I stand corrected.

Hamilton is on the DL, Ianetta and Conger can't play in the same game, so you are arguing you want Cron to play second and bat fourth or you want Conger hitting fourth?

By the way, RISP is a really silly stat.

Hamilton is on the DL, Ianetta and Conger can't play in the same game, so you are arguing you want Cron to play second and bat fourth or you want Conger hitting fourth?

By the way, RISP is a really silly stat.

Yeah, RISP is a really silly stat, until the LOB total starts to look like a football score.

Howie is hitting .290/.371/.613 at cleanup this year, and is the third best hitter on the team right now, and people are still bitching about him being there?

Inside Pitch said earlier in another thread, "But there is little doubt Kendrick is one of those guys who gets raked over coals more than others and there are certain fans that will go to extremes to dismiss anything he does."

And man was he right.  

Well i just bought my plane ticket to Toronto for the series this weekend. I'd bought the game tickets a couple months ago but still wasn't sure I'd even use them. Froze my ass off last year in minny only to see them lose 2 and have the other game postponed. Stoked that I get to see Richards, Skaggs and Weaver. Haven't decided if I'm staying for the Monday game yet. Anyway, really hoping the halos can come in on a bit of a hot streak, would love to see them win a few this weekend.

Edited by CanadianHalo

Howie is a good #2/#7/#9 hitter, not so much #3-#6 though.

It's a matter of placement in the lineup that's at issue here. He's much more effective with some power behind him to drive him in, or being the protection for the heart of the order, not the heart of the order itself.

That's all.