• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who predicted that on May 6th

Pujols would have a better batting average and OPS than Trout.

Anyone? I was hoping Pujols would have a turnaround year, and I was pretty optimistic, but I wasn't this optimistic.

Or, I guess to predict this you have to have a duality of optimism about Pujols and pessimism about Trout.

Trout has not played well on offense for last two weeks. Albert has tailed off a tad from the beginning of that last roadie but he has been consistent.

Pujols in the last 6 games:  .364/.423/.591

Not sure I'd call that tailing off.  Only 1 HR, but he was on pace for like 70 at one point, which obviously wasn't going to continue.  

Trout's last 6: .105/.333/.158.   Which is one of the weirdest slash lines I've ever seen.  Would be fun if they both got going at the same time.

Edited by markb

Hamilton hitting behind both would help.

NO MORE SLIDES INTO 1B!

I don't think that's going to change.

Trout has also publicly stated that the head first slide will always be part of his game. Luckily Trout has been pretty much injury free in his big league career.

Until Hamilton comes back, teams are going to start pitching around and walking Pujols. Especially when Trout isn't getting on base ahead of him. I'm sure it's feeling great for Pujols confidence that so far this year, he's being that feared hitter he's been in the past. Unfortunately he has absolutely no protection behind him and no one on the team you can really stick behind him that will force teams to pitch to him.

Until Hamilton comes back, teams are going to start pitching around and walking Pujols. Especially when Trout isn't getting on base ahead of him. I'm sure it's feeling great for Pujols confidence that so far this year, he's being that feared hitter he's been in the past. Unfortunately he has absolutely no protection behind him and no one on the team you can really stick behind him that will force teams to pitch to him.

Howie is doing fine hitting cleanup.

.290 .371 .613 .984

No one fears Howie. Any pitcher would gladly pitch to Howie over Pujols. You put Pujols on first, Howie gets a base hit, big deal. Hamilton can be a game changer if you choose to pitch around Albert.

Edited by Chimi

Pujols in the last 6 games:  .364/.423/.591

Not sure I'd call that tailing off.  Only 1 HR, but he was on pace for like 70 at one point, which obviously wasn't going to continue.  

Trout's last 6: .105/.333/.158.   Which is one of the weirdest slash lines I've ever seen.  Would be fun if they both got going at the same time.

that is why trout is so valuable.  even when he slumps, he gets on base.  His last at bat last night he just missed the pitch he flied out on.  He tracked everything pretty well all game.  He saw 23 pitches in four at bats. 

I posted an article from fangraphs in the Trout K thread about why he's been whiffing more.  It's a good read.  Basically, he's fouling off a lot of pitches, not hitting the ball the other way as much, and making a little less contact.  All things players do when they slump.  When Trout slump is just seems weird because he's still ok in that he gets on and hits balls hard.  He just ends up as one of the better players in the game and not the best during those streaks.  He'll have these little 5-7 game stretches where he's figuring something out and then boom.

like last year.  from may1 thru sep 6th (110 games)  he hit .360/.460/.614.  with 73bb and 87k.   Oddly, he's still better right now than he was last year at this time.  If he goes on his usual run, look the F out.

No one fears Howie. Any pitcher would gladly pitch to Howie over Pujols. You put Pujols on first, Howie gets a base hit, big deal. Hamilton can be a game changer if you choose to pitch around Albert.

I'm pretty content with teams continuing to not fear Howie.  Since the opening series against the Mariners where he went 0-fer, he's got a .900 OPS.