• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why not DH Iannetta?

Cron may not be ready, Ibanez sucks...everyone always complains about Iannetta's poor defense, why not stick him at DH every game? Yeah, he's not going to hit .290, but he gets on base more than anyone on the team not named Trout.

I feel he's without a doubt our best option at the DH position for the time being. It also keeps Conger's bat in the lineup every game (way better than Ibanez). I understand they want to give Cron a chance, but he doesn't seem ready to me. He's chasing a lot of pitcher's pitches from what I've seen.

Can we stop suggesting Iannetta or Conger for DH?  It has been debated to death.  Neither is good enough to be a DH by themselves, and we can't afford not to have a back up catcher in case of injury.  It seems pretty simple enough......it can't happen. 

Can we stop suggesting Iannetta or Conger for DH? It has been debated to death. Neither is good enough to be a DH by themselves, and we can't afford not to have a back up catcher in case of injury. It seems pretty simple enough......it can't happen.

Both of them are better than Ibanez.

Can we stop suggesting Iannetta or Conger for DH?  It has been debated to death.  Neither is good enough to be a DH by themselves, and we can't afford not to have a back up catcher in case of injury.  It seems pretty simple enough......it can't happen. 

Wow, you are wrong.  Either would be better than Ibanez.  I do think Cron or Green can get the job done there.  Personally, I do think Ianetta would be a decent dh but as many have said.  We would need another catcher and we have none in our system that are even passable.

We might develop another catcher by oh...2020?

At least Conger came from this org.

That's one more catcher than lefty reliever this past decade.

Do you just pick random examples...how many third baseman have the Angels developed in the past decade? How many left fielders (Trout plays CF)? How many left handed hitting second baseman who wear glasses?

You know why left handed relief pitchers can suck and pitch as long as they want...because their aren't many.

It's going to be piecemeal until Calhoun and Hamilton return to the lineup.   Sure someone else can get injured, but let's not get too crazy trying to fix something that isn't that broken.  

I wasn't a fan of Cron in the cleanup spot last night, but it was worth a try.     They won.   No need to try to realign the stars over this.  We're one game closer to getting those two back.

Wow, you are wrong.  Either would be better than Ibanez.  I do think Cron or Green can get the job done there.  Personally, I do think Ianetta would be a decent dh but as many have said.  We would need another catcher and we have none in our system that are even passable.

How the hell I am wrong?  Just because Ibanez is sucking right now doesn't make either Ianetta or Conger a DH.  I don't have a problem with Cron or Green there, but don't put one of our two catchers there.....it is just stupid.

It isn't as stupid as you make it out to sound. If one goes down with an injury you're pitcher might get two or at worst three at bats. If your pitcher happens to get three at bats then you're probably winning the game. In the very off chance both your catchers get hurt, then you are right. Even then the chance is so small that it's doable.

Of course until howie hits into another dp

Howie's walk rate is way up this year and I think working with Baylor is helping him in this regards.

You may say small sample size but it's the highest one month stretch he has had in his career so far.

Last night showed that Cron is not ready to hit cleanup.

Keep Howie in that role as he has been the third best hitter on the team so far this year and bat Cron in the lineup 8th after Ianetta.

One game showed it how?