• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

5/5/14 - Top 8th Inning - The Turning?

Eric

I was at the game. 

Yankee fans out in droves.  Way louder than halo fans all game till that point.  Being as annoying as usual. 

I forget how much I hate them until I go to a game. 

Giarardi getting tossed.  The Gardner K.  The Jeter DP.  The crowd actually got into it and started to drown out the skank fans. 

It was great and felt like exactly what you have mentioned.  A turning point. 

My dad and I talked about exactly that all the ride home. 

DDLR will come back.  Then Calhoun and Hamilton. 

Frieri and Weaver looked good, but I think the players started getting a bit fired up about the place being filled with skank fans.  I also think Trout got annoyed when they hit him with those two throws to first base.  He actually put a good swing on the fly out in the 8th that he just missed. 

Great game.  Definitely has the potential to be a season changer. 

They haven't shown the ability to build on these types of moments the last few seasons.  They've teased us several times about having a "turning point", only to revert back to ineffectiveness.

We can only hope, but I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

They haven't shown the ability to build on these types of moments the last few seasons.  They've teased us several times about having a "turning point", only to revert back to ineffectiveness.

We can only hope, but I'm not going to hold my breath on this one.

Dare I say it, but this years team is actually good.  Five solid starters, an excellent offense, very good defense, and a pen rounding into form.  Still some work to do on the pen side of things, but the possibilities are there.  There is depth everywhere except at SP and even that is better than it has been in recent past. 

The just didn't have the SP last year, and in 2012, they were already too far behind for it to make a difference.

This team actually reminds me a bit of the 2012 club but they haven't dug themselves into a hole.  Plus, while the pen still needs work, there are reinforcements. 

We've also got to stop being the Rangers bitch. 

Edited by Dochalo

Dare I say it, but this years team is actually good.  Five solid starters, an excellent offense, very good defense, and a pen rounding into form.  Still some work to do on the pen side of things, but the possibilities are there.  There is depth everywhere except at SP and even that is better than it has been in recent past. 

The just didn't have the SP last year, and in 2012, they were already too far behind for it to make a difference.

This team actually reminds me a bit of the 2012 club but they haven't dug themselves into a hole.  Plus, while the pen still needs work, there are reinforcements. 

We've also got to stop being the Rangers bitch. 

well, 4.5 solid starters. santiago needs some work. but other than that, i agree. we have some great relief pitching down the pipeline, and once our hitters come back...i mean, its almost cheating at that point. we're already the best hitting team in baseball....

Normally, I won't be the sourpuss, but letting Weaver pitch was a horrible idea despite the result. I could imagine this board blowing up if Weav would have given up another hit. I also think he was very lucky to get that strike call. I'm glad we won, as we normally don't get the breaks, but Weav should not have been in that position.

After the crap game in Sunday, Weaver pitching into the eighth was huge.

It seems a little crazy to call a game in early May the turning point, but then I remember the extra inning game against the A's last year and that was a turning point in the wrong direction.