• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread 5/5/14 - Cron hitting cleanup, Green batting 8th

It doesn't matter. They will still win tonight, but this is confirmation that Scoscia has to go. There is a 0% chance of winning a title with Frieri closing.

And I supported Scoscia until now.

This makes no sense. In this game he went with Frieri with a three run lead. He still had Smith to go to if Frieri got in trouble. Not to mention that Smith was already warmed up.

Worst possible outcome. Best scenario was a blown save and we walk off in the bottom half. Second best was literally to LOSE THIS GAME. Now the only chance for this team to win a title is a Frieri injury (or if he blows it some more and gets a permanent demotion). Which sucks because he would be a great setup man so I would hate to root for an injury.

Unless this was just some Smith throwing too many warmup pitches thing; then I could shut up....

Ok, this is pathetic.

Frieri had a 3-run lead last time he was closer. He's just one of those guys that has a dramatic difference in performance when closing, and every single piece of evidence shows this to be true. Literally every other pitcher on the team this year would be a better closer, including Herrera and Wall. I just cannot explain Scoscia this time outside of some kind of brain disorder.

Yep and last time he had already used Smith, this time he hadn't. Smith was already warm and available. If you think the second best scenario was for Frieri to lose this game for us then we will never see eye to eye.

Ha. I remember when Al Conin said "Sherm Corbett is throwing up in the bullpen" meaning that he had just started throwing.

Frieri against 3 consecutive lefties actually did make some sense in retrospect.

actually, kinda, yeah. can we have a platoon closer situation? i don't have much of a problem with him going out there and shutting down lefties.

Regardless of outcome, officially no reason to watch the rest of the season now. This would have to be one of the best teams all time to overcome Scoscia right now.

Frieri goes dominant setup man, terrible closer, dominant setup man....so Scoscia thinks he HAS to be the closer. Literally every piece of evidence says this is wrong.

See you next year.