• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Call Blocking Verizon Android Phone

Blarg

My wife recently gifted me a new phone to replace my old HTC Thunderbolt. So I have this brand new Droid Max (yes, I wanted the S5, don't even go there) and one of the functions they removed was call blocking.

Verizon is more than happy to charge you for the service to block spamming that is supposed to be illegal in the first place, so you can see the link there.

Having searched forums for solutions all the tech guys can come up with is add the spammer to the address book and route calls to voicemail. That is not a solution, just another annoyance to deal with as the voicemail is filled with message I later have to sort through and delete.

So, annoying as it is to not have an actual call block function on the phone, I don't want to download a spam filled ap that drains battery life. Any suggestions of working aps that aren't a problem in itself?

Edited by Eric Notti

My wife recently gifted me a new phone to replace my old HTC Thunderbolt. So I have this brand new Droid Max (yes, I wanted the S5, don't even go there) and one of the functions they removed was call blocking.

Verizon is more than happy to charge you for the service to block spamming that is supposed to be illegal in the first place, so you can see the link there.

Having searched forums for solutions all the tech guys can come up with is add the spammer to the address book and route calls to voicemail. That is not a solution, just another annoyance to deal with as the voicemail is filled with message I later have to sort through and delete.

So, annoying as it is to not have an actual call block function on the phone, I don't want to download a spam filled ap that drains battery life. Any suggestions of working aps that aren't a problem in itself?

Take it back and get the S5. 

I already read all of those non solutions. I am not going to jailbreak the pone, neither am I going to turn over my phone calls to Google or pay Verizon to do something they should offer as a free service. I guess I am down to downloading an AP but that is always hit or miss from the Google virus store.

I was referring to this

Android users have a number of apps available in the Play Store that can block calls. Previously mentioned Call Filter is definitely the most popular option, and it's completely free. DroidBlock will also do the trick of Call Filter doesn't

I have google voice but if the person is calling your cell # instead of GV number it doesn't block. Also have reported spam callers to whoever that entity is (do not call list).

What I do is change my ringtone for people on my list.  For those not on my list, I just make the ring tone silent.  If they aren't in my address book, and want to talk to me, they can leave a message.

That is another non solution, the call still goes through to voicemail. What I really want is what I could do on a 4 year old phone and that is simply add the call to a block list so it never comes through. You would think every year phones would improve, instead they just pander to whoever pays the most to get their way and that is not the consumer. A perfectly useable function is removed just so Verizon can charge the customer to do something that was always part of the phone operating system.