• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who Gets Demoted

I'm not sure. Green is the only one that can play the OF, but of course he also plays 2B, 3B, and some SS. Of the three, I'm sure Jimenez is sent down first (he'll probably be sent down when Freese comes back in a couple of weeks). If Cron keeps hitting, Green would probably be sent down next, but I'd much rather have Stewart sent down or DFA'd with Green being a utility player getting 3-4 starts a week.

I hope this is what happens, but I'll believe it when I see it.

It definitely makes the most sense. Ibanez will pick up somewhere, but this team needs every day guys that can produce at a high level. We're basically getting Trumbo lite with shittier defense and more strikeouts. 

Green and McDonald can play 3B, SS and 2B. Green can also play LF. No brainer for him to stay. 

Cron has shown that he can handle AAA pitching and doesn't seem the least fazed by major league pitchers, albeit just two games. 

Freese was red hot and seemed to be over his April slump and there's really no need for Lucho. 

When Hamilton comes back, they'll send down Stewart. His usefulness is exceeded by Ibanez's left handed bat and Green/McDonald's infield ability.

Once Freese returns, it'll obviously be Lucho because this team traded for Freese to be their everyday 3B. Back ups will be Green and McDonald.

Once Calhoun returns, it has to be Ibanez unfortunately. Cron can DH or play 1B giving Albert a rest. Green can definitely DH. Cowgill can play the OF giving Hamilton a chance to DH. Just a lot of different looks.

I'll add something new to the thread as well, Kevin Jepsen is gone no matter what. It might be when DDLR returns, it might be if Burnett returns, or it might just be to clear room for Alvarez or Bedrosian, but either way, he's gone before July.

This is fun to debate but I can guarantee you 3-4 weeks from now, when Hamilton or Calhoun is ready to come back, something else will have changed.

Someone else will be hurt or someone who looks great now will look terrible, or vice versa.

Three weeks is an eternity

True statement!

Stewart would have to be DFAed. We would lose him to another team.

Jimenez sent down when Freese is activated.

Green and Cron sent down Calhoun/Hanilton activated.

One of Cron/Green will stick if they DFA Ibanez.

Give Ibanez another 40-50 PAs. He had a 79 wRC+ in the 2nd half last year. He looks done.

If we DFA Ibanez I would keep Green due to his versatility. Calhoun would be backup 1B.

This is fun to debate but I can guarantee you 3-4 weeks from now, when Hamilton or Calhoun is ready to come back, something else will have changed.

Someone else will be hurt or someone who looks great now will look terrible, or vice versa.

Three weeks is an eternity

well said.