• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sick of Trout Striking Out Looking

With his early power success he seems to be trying to pull to much. He just needs to think middle out like Howie and he will be fine. Ever since he came up I always thought his weakness was pitches above the belt. He is a beast on pitches below the belt middle in. Maybe just maybe him signing that big contract he's trying to hit a homer every at bat. 

When you are the best player in baseball and you start off the year hitting .275 with the amount of strikeouts he has and the lack of steals you should take some heat and rightfully so.  

I've eaten enough crow around here where I feel like I should actually be validated for starting this thread.  Especially with the amount of shit I got after it and the media attention Trout has got for his K's lately 

When you are the best player in baseball and you start off the year hitting .275 with the amount of strikeouts he has and the lack of steals you should take some heat and rightfully so.  

I've eaten enough crow around here where I feel like I should actually be validated for starting this thread.  Especially with the amount of shit I got after it and the media attention Trout has got for his K's lately 

Didn't your mommy give you enough love as a kid?

Sorry but hitting .118 with 10 K's in 34 AB's the last 10 games isn't the production of a "normal" player. Unless you are using Ian Stewart as the "normal" example.

He is struggling...a lot.

Maybe he'll come out of his slump like DiMaggio did:

In 1941,  Joe DiMaggio had been mired in one of the worst slumps of his career—a 20-game stretch over April and May in which he hit .184—when on May 15 he singled off White Sox lefthander Eddie Smith in the first inning. It was the start of his 56-game hitting streak, and he finished the year batting .357.

http://www.sportsillustrated.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1032201/3/index.htm

The Angles don't play the White Sox until June 6th.

Maybe he'll come out of his slump like DiMaggio did:

In 1941,  Joe DiMaggio had been mired in one of the worst slumps of his career—a 20-game stretch over April and May in which he hit .184—when on May 15 he singled off White Sox lefthander Eddie Smith in the first inning. It was the start of his 56-game hitting streak, and he finished the year batting .357.

http://www.sportsillustrated.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1032201/3/index.htm

Trout 2013 Through May 10th (35 games): .277 BA, .347 OBP, .493 SLG, .841 OPS, 5 HR, 16 BB, 29 SO, 5 SB

Trout 2014 Through May 10th (35 games): .275 BA, .363 OBP, .529 SLG, .891 OPS, 7 HR, 18 BB, 42 SO, 4 SB

You can argue that Trout's start this year is a bit better than his start last year....which he turned into a MVP contending season.

...and you want "validation" on May 11th.... :rolleyes: