• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sick of Trout Striking Out Looking

During the game against NY that was aired nationally last week on MLB Network, Trout's dad certainly seemed to indicate that he was concerned with the Ks, as well as the throwing arm.  

I think "concerned" or "worried" might be the wrong words, though.  Aware is more like it.  I'm betting that Trout will improve on both fronts.  

I think "aware" is the perfect description.  I too, am aware of his strikeouts.  It seems to me that he's caught in-between being aggressive in the zone and waiting for the "perfect" pitch.  He appears to be down 0-2 often, which means he rarely gets the pitch he wants and has to survive on the pitchers pitch and take what's offered. 

Overall, I thinks it's too small a sample size to be worried at all. I'm still not really concerned with the team.  The bullpen might be an issue, but it's the easiest part of the team to fix and I think this team is very close to putting it all together. 

I'd be more concerned about striking out swinging than looking. Striking out looking isn't something that is really predictive looking forward.

I think he's just trying to figure things out right now. I think the attempt to hit more home runs is affecting his strikeouts a bit. I've seen him swing and miss through more baseballs than in years past.

I wouldn't really be worried about it yet but it's something to follow. If he's striking out this much in a month, I'd be a little more worried.

I have been mildly concerned about Trout's SO but it hadn't occurred to me that I can blame it on Pujols. While we're at it, I think we should blame the bullpen situation and Iannetta's pitch framing on Pujols as well.

I think he will make the adjustments. He's too good not to. This obviously isn't going to last all season. Just be happy his numbers are still great dispite the alarmimg spike in strikeouts.

Edited by Poozy

I had to recheck Trout's numbers, thinking he wasn't performing.

MVP numbers, but high strikeouts.   Okay. These are definitely first world problems.

IMO it's better that Trout take borderline pitches and get the occasional K looking rather than hack trying to protect only to pull into more GIDPs. 

Nobody ever seemed to care about prior MVPs (Cabrera, Pujols) hitting lots of GIDPs.

2012: .383 BABIP

2013: .376 BABIP

2014: .395 BABIP

The strikeouts will not prevent him from being the best in baseball as long as his BABIB stays in the .370-390 range. And that's a ridiculous range to be in. But if anyone can do it, it's Trout.

But hopefully he makes some adjustments and gets his strikeouts down.

Pretty much, YK.

I guess we at AW will always find something to birch about, even when the player is leading the MVP charge.

Trout is in a mini slump, that's why you see this thread here right now.

He's 2 for his last 16, which is only over the last like 5 games, and he's walked plenty in that time frame also. He'll be fine, but I can understand why the thread was created. Trout hasn't looked like Trout the last week or so.

He's 2 for his last 16, which is only over the last like 5 games, and he's walked plenty in that time frame also. He'll be fine, but I can understand why the thread was created. Trout hasn't looked like Trout the last week or so.

He's also been stranted plenty in that time frame, also. That's why we need to move Ibanez down the order (preferably so far down that he's off the roster)

Pretty much, YK.

I guess we at AW will always find something to birch about, even when the player is leading the MVP charge.

so the board should be nothing but threads about how great everything is?  sounds really interesting.  look, professional beat writers are discussing it, I think it's a worthy topic for a message board. when was the last time you contributed anything to this board other than a snarky comment aimed at someone else?

The strikeouts are a legitimate issue. But I still think he's way too good not to make adjustments.

The mods contribute so much around here  ;)

The mods contribute so much around here   ;)

Ha. For the record, I don't think you're trolling at all. It does suck that he's striking out so much. I just thought it was hilarious you specifically stated that he would say same thing when he said the exact opposite

The only part that bothers me with him striking out looking is when there's men on base. 

You need to be hacking with men on and anything close with two strikes. 

Period. 

How many times has he done that?