• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Please bench Ian Stewart

Said this in the Gameday thread, but, man, is he awful.  He's had 3 good games in which he's 7 for 13.  In all other games, he's 4 for 41, and he's striking out in essentially half of his AB.

Yes, I realize Freese is hurt, and, yes, I've said in the past that I'm not a huge fan of Jimenez's.  But at this point, I think it's pretty obvious that Stewart just flat-out can't play.  It's been years since he was even moderately productive.  There's at least a chance that Jimenez might be respectable.

Heck, at this point, I'd almost take McDonald over Stewart.

I read this thread and all I can ask is who starts if Stewart sits? Green was taken out of the starting line up for a reason. If we must have 30 relief pitchers then we apparently can't have Lucho up here. So it would be McDonald starting at third, which I am fine with. But to pretend like we have a suitable replacement is kinda dumb.

I read this thread and all I can ask is who starts if Stewart sits? Green was taken out of the starting line up for a reason. If we must have 30 relief pitchers then we apparently can't have Lucho up here. So it would be McDonald starting at third, which I am fine with. But to pretend like we have a suitable replacement is kinda dumb.

May as well give McDonald the chance until Freese gets back.  He's a better defender, and has half as many hits as Stewart in 1/4 the ABs so far.  Stewart is doing literally nothing right now, so at worst we still get nothing on offense, and slightly better D.  

The fool can't even pick the right support players to use!

Does he have a sentimental attachment to washed up players? Seriously

Get Cowart up here now!

Even his defense >>>> Stewart's!

So what if Cowart hits under .200. So is Stewart!

Edited by Angel Oracle

Get Cowart up here now!

Remember when you were calling for Morin to be used in his major league debut in a close game and I said that that's not what will happen because it's not what's best for the players development? Ok take that premise and put it on steroids and you have the answer to your Cowart question.

Get Cowart up here now!

You gotta love when AO gets upset.  All rationality is just thrown out the door.

Understood, but then are we supposed to just accept Stewart sucking for the next week and a half? Because a 4-48 sure doesn't portend anything otherwise for a guy who probably shouldn't even be a MLB player anymore.

And unlike Morin, who is the center of attention on the mound, Cowart is but one of 9 guys on the field. He has over a year of AA experience. It's not like he's being rushed a year or more ahead of schedule. And anyway, it's only for 10-12 days tops, if Freese returns on schedule.

Edited by Angel Oracle