• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Give it up for C.J. Cron & Grant Green tonight!

Two hits for Green, an amazing grab at the wall in LF. 

C.J. Cron stole the show with three hits and two RBI. Would have had a walk too if Scioscia didn't green light him 3-0. 

I'm so pumped about our team and reading Dipoto's comments about Bedrock and Alvarez being a phone call away, excites me even more.

Anyhow, great job tonight Green & Cron! 

clapping-gif.gif

In about a month if this is the first 5 in the lineup night in and night out, this team's going to lead the league in runs:

1. Calhoun RF

2. Trout CF

3. Pujols 1B/DH

4. Hamilton LF

5. Cron DH/1B

Of course, even if Cron's OPS on June 1 is .900+ and Ibanez's batting average is still below the Mendoza line, Mike will still pencil in Ibanez instead of Cron about 75% of the time.

I'm excited about what Cron did tonight, but also worried that he showed every bit of that lack of discipline that concerns me and many others.  I fear Darvish is going to make him his bitch tomorrow, but here's hoping Cron proves me wrong. 

Edited by markb

CJ and Green got off to great starts last night and Jimenez didn't look bad starting that DP in a clutch situation. I'm also very happy with 4 of our starters right now Richards and Skaggs are looking like they could be pitching in the front of the rotation. CJ Wilson has been a horse while Weaver is solid for 6 . Santiago kind of scares me though he is an improvement over some of what we had last year and isn't a bad 5 starter. He needs to slow down and take his time and not get all out in front of himself. Just hope they all stay healthy and thankful that even with the injuries none have been to our starting 5.

I'm excited about what Cron did tonight, but also worried that he showed every bit of that lack of discipline that concerns me and many others. I fear Darvish is going to make him his bitch tomorrow, but here's hoping Cron proves me wrong.

Obviously, you are not an experienced Scioscia watcher....no way in hell he plays today.. You never, ever play a guy after a big night. Plus, Darvish is a righty..... Edited by DMVol

Couldn't ask for a better debut.  Bullpen was great.  Also, props to Colin Cowgill and what he's done for this team with some key guys being out.

This.

Really nice to see the young guys contribute and the BP hold one down for the win