• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bullpen update

Morin's change up is the real deal.  Tight breaking ball as well that he throws for a strike.  Fastball a solid pitch with enough velocity. 

Time to take Jepsen away from Scioscia.  Watching him get beat by a lefty yet again is more than enough at this point.  

Even though Maronde got a tough out, he fell behind 3-0 and didn't look great.  Really need someone in this pen who can get lefties out with confidence.  Sisk?  Alvarez?

Frieri looked like a different guy.  Great confidence.  Started Andrus with a breaking ball strike. 

A reliable lefty and one more guy to displace Salas to mop up and we are good to go. 

A reliable lefty and one more guy to displace Salas to mop up and we are good to go. 

What is with the obsession with displacing Salas? Lefties are hitting .111 off him. His last 9 games/innings he has a ERA of 1.00 and a WHIP of 0.778. That is not a mop up guy, that is the guy you wish was on the hill more often. 

Jepsen needs to find another team. What is this org's obsession with keeping him for so long? Will DDLR's impending call up finally mean the end of Jepsen's Halos career after TWELVE ridiculously frustrating years?

I doubt it

What is with the obsession with displacing Salas? Lefties are hitting .111 off him. His last 9 games/innings he has a ERA of 1.00 and a WHIP of 0.778. That is not a mop up guy, that is the guy you wish was on the hill more often. 

Fair enough.  I guess I meant more of a 6th inning or first guy out.  He's been great in 5 of his last 6 appearances.  He's struggled with inherited runners which is why I think they went with Jep yesterday.  Jepsen needs to go.  DDLR should displace him. 

Interestingly, DDLR had a similar start to last season that Salas did last year.  He allowed 9 of his first 14 inherited runners to score.  He was much better overall when he was allowed to start with a clean slate.  Salas seems to perform similarly. 

The bullpen has been total shit, but they've looked better lately. Considering the sample sizes we have to work with I wouldn't be surprised if some of these pumpkins turned into reliable relievers at some point this year.

Even Jepson has pitched well lately. He essentially got 3 of the 4 batters he faced out last night.

These guys have the stuff to get outs, they just need to show better results.