• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Horse Racing

Once Del Mar changes to dirt after this year, more and more East Coasters will be coming out.  Because they can run on dirt all year round between Del Mar/SA/Los Al.  That's been the biggest problem, because most east coasters want their horses to run on dirt, not synthetic.  

If Del Mar does it right, it could be a rotation of SA/Del Mar/ and whatever east coast on a 3 year basis.  Because they want to turn the BC into a 2 day event, if not a longer event.  And So Cal can offer that glitz and glamour they are looking for, and things to do after the horses run.

Once Del Mar changes to dirt after this year, more and more East Coasters will be coming out.  Because they can run on dirt all year round between Del Mar/SA/Los Al.  That's been the biggest problem, because most east coasters want their horses to run on dirt, not synthetic.  

If Del Mar does it right, it could be a rotation of SA/Del Mar/ and whatever east coast on a 3 year basis.  Because they want to turn the BC into a 2 day event, if not a longer event.  And So Cal can offer that glitz and glamour they are looking for, and things to do after the horses run.

...and weather

I didn't know they were switching back to dirt. I almost included a mention of the surface difference in my post.

GOOD!

Santa Anita is also changing it's surface after this meet ends.  They acquired a lot of natural dirt/clay from LAX in an expansion or something they are doing there.  So the Santa Anita track won't be a "human" mix, but instead a consistent natural dirt.  They have already started piling it up in the outfield parking lot.  

So whatever notes you had about the Santa Anita surface, mainly speed, you might as well throw them out.  It'll probably be much different in the fall meet.

BC is a 2 day event now.

With Del Mar expanding dates, the BC could turn into a 2 week event.

I like it.

Santa Anita is also changing it's surface after this meet ends.  They acquired a lot of natural dirt/clay from LAX in an expansion or something they are doing there.  So the Santa Anita track won't be a "human" mix, but instead a consistent natural dirt.  They have already started piling it up in the outfield parking lot.  

So whatever notes you had about the Santa Anita surface, mainly speed, you might as well throw them out.  It'll probably be much different in the fall meet.

That's awesome.

While there will always be biases from track to track and day to day...getting racing surfaces close to the same will only be good for the sport, and for handicappers. I used to think I had some edge in surface switches, but I would be happy to throw that out, as it didn't work as often as I thought it should.

it is a lot of fun.  But it's packed like crazy.  I had friends that were on the rail last year, and when it's race time, it's packed in there like sardines.  

And no sporting event I've ever been too was more exciting than when Z won the Breeders Cup.  When she made her move around the final turn, you could literally hear a roar coming from the far end of the grandstands and building up to the club area.

it is a lot of fun.  But it's packed like crazy.  I had friends that were on the rail last year, and when it's race time, it's packed in there like sardines.  

And no sporting event I've ever been too was more exciting than when Z won the Breeders Cup.  When she made her move around the final turn, you could literally hear a roar coming from the far end of the grandstands and building up to the club area.

That was the most exciting race I've ever seen.

Plus, I had a win bet on Z and I hit the exacta cold. 

The following year was the worst. Man. So close.