• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Ridiculously Early Mike Trout Race to the MVP thread

Trout could finish with a 11-12 WAR season this year. Cabrera is really struggling with injury issues so Trout should receive his 1st MVP this season.

Guys like Donaldson and Longoria will be up there too but I can't imagine a scenario where Trout doesn't win MVP this year. 

Trout could finish with a 11-12 WAR season this year. Cabrera is really struggling with injury issues so Trout should receive his 1st MVP this season.

Guys like Donaldson and Longoria will be up there too but I can't imagine a scenario where Trout doesn't win MVP this year. 

Guys like Donaldson/Longoria are Trout-lite. If Cabrera isn't in the mix this year, there's no way they don't award Trout his first MVP..playoffs or no playoffs.

If Albert goes 40/120 this year, I wouldn't put it past the voters to give him strong consideration given his legacy and the fact he'd be only the 2nd guy to win an MVP in both leagues.  

Then again, would any of us be mad if Trout finished 2nd again to a guy on his own team?

Agreed.

Trout got a huge percentage of his steals last year in the relatively few games with Josh batting behind him. 

When he gets a strike strikes, Hamilton is more likely to swing and miss rather than foul off pitches like Pujols. Hamilton also has less tendency to GIDP. Finally Hamilton is a quicker runner than Pujols so both Trout and Hamilton can score/advance from Pujols hits. 

I also like what I'm seeing so far with Kendrick at leadoff. I'd like to see Sciosica stick with that for a while and if it works out for him, keep him there. Calhoun could be brought back in to bat 5th behind Pujols:

Kendrick

Trout

Hamilton

Pujols

Calhoun

Ibanez 

Aybar

Conger  <-- primary catcher

Stewart

The extra base Trout gets for stealing is worth far less than having Pujols on base for a Hamilton HR.

The extra base Trout gets for stealing is worth far less than having Pujols on base for a Hamilton HR.

hamilton and pujols will hit roughly the same number of home runs (if hamilton didnt get hurt). So I dont think it would make too much difference flip flopping them.

But also, pujols will hit farm more singles than home runs. With trout on second, hes gonna score on a lot more base hits than pujols home runs.

hamilton and pujols will hit roughly the same number of home runs (if hamilton didnt get hurt). So I dont think it would make too much difference flip flopping them.

But also, pujols will hit farm more singles than home runs. With trout on second, hes gonna score on a lot more base hits than pujols home runs.

It's the walks.