• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Ridiculously Early Mike Trout Race to the MVP thread

He strikes out too much. Way way way too much. Pkus he K's a lot. Then there is also the fact that he doesn't steal anymore and we haven't even begun to discuss the high strike out rate.

Trout doesn't even bother to swing the bat anymore. Walk, walk, strikeout looking, intentional walk, strikeout looking. Those 0-1 and 0-2 games aren't good. 

Edited by ScottLux

Plus he sucks in high leverage situations!

seriously though that stat has got to be the dumbest ****ing stat in the world. Dumber than Wins and RBIs.

A few games ago Trout's dad was being interviewed and he even mentioned that he needs to cut down on the K's and work on his throwing arm.

There's no way he wont cut down on his K's imo. I think he'll definitely make the adjustments.

Edited by Poozy

For real though, some dude on MLB Network just said that Yadier Molina was the best position player in baseball right now. Another say Troy Tulowitzki, and 2 picked Mike Trout.

Yadier Molina !?!?!

I could see the argument for Yadier molina because he does a lot of things that can't be judged by stats, but Troy Tulowitzki?

His career OPS+ is only 123. Mike trout has a career 167 OPS+.

The park factor is pretty significant.

Edited by Poozy

Plus he sucks in high leverage situations!

seriously though that stat has got to be the dumbest ****ing stat in the world. Dumber than Wins and RBIs.

A few games ago Trout's dad was being interviewed and he even mentioned that he needs to cut down on the K's and work on his throwing arm.

There's no way he wont cut down on his K's imo. I think he'll definitely make the adjustments.

The Angels avoided a lot of wins last season so they must have been playing pretty smart baseball.

Tulo's offensive contribution from a position where you rarely get much from, combined with the fact that he's also a good defender?   I can see the argument for him being second most valuable behind Trout.  His problem has always been staying on the field, though.

For real though, some dude on MLB Network just said that Yadier Molina was the best position player in baseball right now. Another say Troy Tulowitzki, and 2 picked Mike Trout.

Yadier Molina !?!?!

Do you ever see Trout frame a catch in the outfield? Horrible, it is amazing he ever gets an out call.

I could see the argument for Yadier molina because he does a lot of things that can't be judged by stats, but Troy Tulowitzki?

His career OPS+ is only 123. Mike trout has a career 167 OPS+.

The park factor is pretty significant.

Yah two of the analysts stated that the park factor plays a big factor against him along with injuries.