• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Grant Green Free'd!

@JeffFletcherOCR: Could be coming up Friday. RT @SaltLakeBees: Grant Green leads the league in RBI (28) and is 6th in batting average (.365)

Edit: @Alden_Gonzalez: Grant Green is expected to join the #Angels on Friday, and isn’t expected to sit: http://t.co/Doc4YTnvRu

Edited by CanadianHalo

Green can be a super UT guy like Chone was at first. He can play any infield position passingly and, it seems, the OF. That's a valuable player, especially if he can manage an .800 OPS.

I don't care how many nice catches Shuck makes - if he continues hitting at a .424 OPS clip then he shouldn't play.

and diving plays in the outfield this season. The one yesterday will keep him on the club for the rest of the season. 

I can see Shuck being the next Jeff Mathis. 

True enough.  Or the next Willits.  

The catch yesterday, though, was really a dive.  More of a reach-and-then-dive-to-the-turf-cause-he-lost-his-balance catch.  Still nice though.

If it is Cron, that's pulling the plug on Ibanez quicker than I expected

I doubt that, but we'd have some power in a platoon or straight DH role, with Ibanez getting the occasional start in LF vs. righties, Cron at DH,  sitting Shuck and reserving him for late inning defensive replacements. 

I doubt that, but we'd have some power in a platoon or straight DH role, with Ibanez getting the occasional start in LF vs. righties, Cron at DH, sitting Shuck and reserving him for late inning defensive replacements.

Thing is I kind of doubt you call up Cron to stick him in the short side of a straight lefty/righty platoon.

And I don't know that even Scioscia would let Ibanez "play" the OF more than once in a blue moon, considering he's an absolute train wreck out there.

Edited by jshep

Thing is I kind of doubt you call up Cron to stick him in the short side of a straight lefty/righty platoon.

And I don't know that even Scioscia would let Ibanez "play" the OF more than once in a blue moon, considering he's an absolute train wreck out there.

Personally I'd like to have Cron and Green up here. A platoon of Cron and Ibanez at DH and Green starting in LF the majority of the time. If Ibanez continues to suck, you start Cron and save Ibanez for a late inning pinch hit appearance or against righties he's fared against. 

If you send Shuck down you could do that, but I don't see Scioscia doing that. 

Green can be a super UT guy like Chone was at first. He can play any infield position passingly and, it seems, the OF. That's a valuable player, especially if he can manage an .800 OPS.

I don't care how many nice catches Shuck makes - if he continues hitting at a .424 OPS clip then he shouldn't play.

Exactly, Green's a 2004-2005 Figgins without the SBs but also with more gap power.

I see Ibanez getting another couple of months. If by July 1 he is still struggling, then I can see Green or Cron getting pretty much all of the DH at bats vs lefties and some even vs the righties.

Edited by Angel Oracle