• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hey Jerry, Thank You!

The Trumbo trade looks to be a home run.  I will always be partial to Trumbo because he was a home grown local kid and hit really long HRs but Skaggs and Santiago have definitely filled some big holes in this team.

As well as Pujols has been playing of late no sane person would have done that deal with all the information available so far.

I would love for Albert to prove me wrong the next few years.

Sure you do.

The time of the signing the Angels had no superstar talent on their roster. Trout was a top prospect, but until you can hit in the big leagues at a high level your just a prospect and in Trout's 2011 appearance he struck out quite a bit and hit under .250.

If the owner has the money to spend, you still make that signing a 100 times over. Pujols has a chance to be a very good 1B for the first 5-7 years of his contract and play out the rest as a DH. As a hitter, he's a machine when healthy. He keeps himself in great shape to play 1B at a high level defensively as well.

Richards wasn't drafted under Jerry's watch, he's a Reagins' regular.

neither was Skaggs. However, seeing as Jerry Dipoto actually traded for Skaggs TWICE  means he should count as an honorary member. 

Things are really coming together. I like the moves that JD made during the offseason. The Angels, I feel, are starting to play up to their potential, hype, and paygrade. Albert is starting to look like his vintage self, Trout continues to play well, the SP is looking good, and Joe has been nails so far in the closing role. As everyone knows, I can be a bit cynical and jaded now and then, but I've had enough angst over the past 4 years, it is time to just enjoy our team and the promise of what can be. Of course I can be quite fickle, but I see a strong team again emerging from hibernation. Sosh deserves credit as well. The team seems very focused and goal oriented. Praise and optimism is due, and JD, Sosh and his staff, and the players have earned it in my book.

I still don't like the Pujols signing considering we didn't get what we were supposed to out of him the first 2 years of his contract.  I don't like that he traded away Segura(read my posts about how high I was on him) and that he actually traded for Zack when it was obvious to most of us here the Angels should have been in selling mode.  If we are just speaking short term stuff, then yes, he is doing a great job.  I think I went off topic thinking this thread is more of his overall performance.  I can list more of his moves if that's the case.  Anyway, I stated right when Hamilton went down that the Angels should get younger and trade away Kendrick and Aybar and I still maintain that's the right thing to do.  I'd love to see those 2 get traded for some bullpen help and let some of our guys,(Green, Cron etc) play and see what we have.  If Hamilton never has a brain fart, this team might be in first place.