• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can you imagine if we....

Chuck

My bad, I thought you wanted Hughes to be our #3. I was fine with Garza because of his track record and stuff. 

I still think Garza ends up with an ERA under 4 and gets a good share of punchouts. 

Awww hell no....  I saw Huddy and Hughes as possible buy low guys, while I liked his peripherals I reallly liked Hughes because I thought he could be had for cheap and we needed  two SPs at the time..  I liked him a lot more at around 5 mil per but even at 8 mil I think he's a good bet to be a decent value.   Once they made the Trumbo trade I was pretty much over it.  I like Santiago a lot, I think he's better than he's pitched, I think he wants to get a win for his new team so effing bad he's pressing.  I have no issues with how things have turned out, like I said, we could have skipped Ibanez and that would have been solid too.   I'm not so much saying I'd rather have Hughes than Santiago here, I'm saying I'd rather have that excellent fall back option but again.. anyone bitching about our SP needs a reality check.

Let's hug it out and pre-game our return to over .500

Edited by Inside Pitch

Awww hell no....  I saw Huddy and Hughes as possible buy low guys, while I liked his peripherals I reallly liked Hughes because I thought he could be had for cheap and we needed  two SPs at the time..  I liked him a lot more at around 5 mil per but even at 8 mil I think he's a good bet to be a decent value.   Once they made the Trumbo trade I was pretty much over it.  I like Santiago a lot, I think he's better than he's pitched, I think he wants to get a win for his new team so effing bad he's pressing.  I have no issues with how things have turned out, like I said, we could have skipped Ibanez and that would have been solid too.   I'm not so much saying I'd rather have Hughes than Santiago here, I'm saying I'd rather have that excellent fall back option but again.. anyone bitching about our SP needs a reality check.

Let's hug it out and pre-game our return to over .500

Done! 

Better yet, let's smoke a cigar and drink some bourbon. 

When are you moving back to So. Cal? 

Nice! 

Maybe just in time to witness an Angels playoff game in Anaheim. 

I had typed that out -- then took it off.   You have no idea how superstitious I am about sports things....   I'm still dreading my comment about us celebrating being over .500 because I'm sure I jinxed the team..  LOL....   You will rarely see me in the predictions posts cause I get all heebie jeebied whenever I do.  

I'm still completely convinced that Scott's post led directly to the huge Rangers comeback last year. 

FTR: I paid for my brother's season tickets just to get a shot at playoff tix should it happen.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Superstitions aside, the starting staff is looking pretty good right now.

Weaver's 4.00 ERA is higher than you'd expect, and I think Santiago will do better once he cuts down on the walks. Hopefully Skaggs, Richards and Wilson can keep up what they are doing.

In the minors, Shoemaker and Alvarez aren't doing that well, the best starter in SLC is Jarrett Grube. Shoemaker and Alvarez would be the first two up for spot starts, but maybe Grube gets a chance.

The two guys with the best overall numbers in Arkansas are both 25 year old journeymen but both got rocked last time out. Sappington isn't getting into a groove yet. No one from A-Ball looks like they are going to get an early season promotion to Arkansas.

While I'm happy with the rotation, the guys I wanted the Angels to pursue in the offseason:

Tanaka, 3-0, 2.27 ERA, 48 K's in 5 starts. Ridiculous contract though.

Santana, 3-0, 1.95 ERA, 1 HR allowed in 4 starts. Signed for 14.1 Million, 1 year contract

Haren, 3-0, 2.03 ERA. Signed for 10 Million, 1 year contract.

Arroyo… Hasn't pitched because of injury.

Via trade I had mentioned:

Mark Buehrle, 4-1, 2.16 ERA. Owed 37 Million over the 2014 and 2015 seasons. Jays would've ate some likely. 

Miguel Gonzalez, 1-2 5.19 ERA.

Really is looking like a fantastic trade so far.

Still no ****ing clue why he didn't give Jason Vargas a qualifying offer. It seemed like such a no brainer at the time. Win-Win situation.

Vargas currently has a 2.40 ERA in 41 IP. 

Santiago could've been moved to the pen and also start when someone gets hurt.

That's what's so frustrating about Dipoto for me. He can pull off amazing moves, but then make some head scratching mistakes.

Edited by Poozy