• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

66ers Game Today

Blarg

They are playing the Quakes on an early 11am start. It is so windy the left fielder is playing shallow enough to pickpocket the shortstop. Where he is standing Jonny Damon could throw a runner out at home without a relay throw.

Wow, that's actually pretty descriptive.   Can almost picture it.

Eric, do you work near there or something?  You get to a lot of their games.

I live in San Dimas so all of these stadiums are accessable, Rancho, San Berdo, even Elsinore. I usually get a break at work from mid March to end of April which allows me to catch these games.

Tomorrow I go back in so if I'm lucky I get a weekend day off until the next break.

The wind is really killing everything. Last inning one of the Quakes crushed a liner into the gap with the left fielder chasing. On a normal day that gets to the wall. Instead it dies about 100 feet past the infield and the runner is held to a single.

Edited by Eric Notti

Chris Jacobs is a big hulking guy and turned as hard as he could on a fastball sending foul but distance was barely to the end of the outfield seats, I'm estimating about 270. His next hit is a screaming line drive off the bat that settles into the left fielders glove with a wimper, he didn't have to move.

Quakes have guys at 2nd and 3rd and another fly ball to left, travels about 70 feet past the infield. The runner at third didn't even fake going home.

Edited by Eric Notti

Quakes managed to run themselves out of an inning. With runners on 1st and 2nd and Jacobs up at the plate the lead runner strayed too far out into no mans land on an outside pitch. The catcher picked up he was half way and closed some distance before firing to third then in the pickle the second baseman chased him down with a tag. Still scoreless.

66ers finaly get a runner across home plate. with a runner on second Chevey Clarke hits a weak hopper over the right side of the mound and out runs the SS throw to first with the runner scoring when Jacobs couldn't handle the wide throw. Clark is later picked off to end the inning.

Edited by Eric Notti

Hard to say on a windy day. Nothing traveling to left field went anywhere and the 66ers committed 3 errors that somehow didn't cost them. The 66ers and the Quakes just seemed to make the play they needed when they needed to.

I've now seen Spomer twice. Sweeping sidearm that makes the ball move all over the place. He made the 9th uneventful but the Quakes are putting a lot of sub .200 hitters up to bat along with the 66ers.

I think we need to wait to see what talent level rises. They just don't look as sharp as last season's crop but then again it's April.

I want to like Allbritton because he looks like a young Buddy Bell at third. So far he seems to handle everything hit to him and makes solid throws. His bat just hasn't caught up yet.

Yeah --  not even close...   I've just heard so many non-positive things about Chevy's attitude it soured on me.

It's kid of weird you say that because reading his twitter he is all about God, family and getting better on a daily basis.

Chevy Clarke ‏@OfficialChevy Jan 27

Can't wait to go back to the Children's Hospital... They make my day .. I can't understand how strong they are until they smile

He must have an alter ego persona in the clubhouse or field or he is one of those guys you have to know to get how he responds to people.

It's kid of weird you say that because reading his twitter he is all about God, family and getting better on a daily basis.

Chevy Clarke ‏@OfficialChevy Jan 27

Can't wait to go back to the Children's Hospital... They make my day .. I can't understand how strong they are until they smile

He must have an alter ego persona in the clubhouse or field or he is one of those guys you have to know to get how he responds to people.

Its possible he rubs people the wrong way, and it's possible the people who have less than unflattering comments about him simply don't know him well.   It's also possible that he's one of those guys that fronts on social media..   Of course he's older now and after years of being awful, maybe he's wising up.   People can change.

I don't know the kid, it's an irrational dislike on my part.  I could dislike him for being bad, but I admit it's a case of my having been jaded by other people's comments.

Edited by Inside Pitch

It well could have been a reputation brought on by being young and brash, then reality that he is not as good as he though he was knocked that out of him.

He made a base running error yesterday as a pinch runner and got caught taking a step on a pick off. Never even made it back to the bag. Went back to the dugout with his head hung really low.