• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jered Weaver

Glen

his velocity is a huge issue.

But how come it isn't an issue for the first 5-6 innings? He cruises along and then just blows up.

The good news is he is still averaging 6 innings per start. That's just under 200 innings over a full season. I mean it isn't ideal for the ace of the staff, but it's not terrible either.

His homerun rate is also at an asinine level right now so I don't expect that to last.

Blame the bullpen for what? The Angels never gave up the lead last night.

And we should just ignore that Herrera brings nothing to the table, yet he gets the call over Morin?

Herrera inevitably throws more pitches out of the zone than in the zone, even when pitching a shutout inning.

Edited by Angel Oracle

He also voiced his displeasure with the shift.

And he is going to have to STFU and pitch. Defensive shifts are trending like putting bacon on everything. The cry for more statistical analysis being used in the dugout means more defensive shifts, just like the Indians did with Ibanez.

Weaver is like the message board, crying about results after the fact. But all he surrendered was a crappy bunt single to a guy that has home run power, the same guy that torches him later on with a home run.

And we should just ignore that Herrera brings nothing to the table, yet he gets the call over Morin?

Herrera inevitably throws more pitches out of the zone than in the zone, even when pitching a shutout inning.

Yes, you should not obsess about things that do not lead to a loss.

talking about the whole season genius

And the whole season is not decided on singular performances or as Cameron likes to put it, sequencing. The pen as a whole is fluid through out the year. Roles shift, players move in and out of the roster so making declarative statements about the future based on current small data samples is erroneous.

I wonder if we are shifting too much when Jered pitches. I say that because he doesn't throw as hard as he once did and it might be easier for a batter to go against the shift when he's throwing 86mph or to bunt to an open space. I wasn't able to watch the game so I don't know how often they hit into the shift.

Weaver has always been as extreme flyball pitcher. I would think the shift is a lot less important when he pitches. I would always encourage a guy like Santana, who has a .500 average against Weav, to bunt with 2 outs but in most situations it might not be as effective.

Agree with Chuck, it isn't the velocity I'm worried about. I'm more concerned about his stamina all of a sudden looking like shit. What the hell happened?

Maybe the hitters figure him out after a couple times through the lineup.  Suddenly he can't get anybody out.  His velocity is worrisome.

If he's complaining about one of their biggest power threats bunting with 2 outs, especially when he has a history of owing Jered, then he does need to STFU. 

There's a reason shifts are becoming more popular - they work.  Until the negatives of having players get freebie bunt singles outweigh the positives, it will continue to happen.