• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fangraphs on Fox: Don't Ignore .500 Angels

While people obsess about individual performances, Cameron points out it is all noise. Like last night, the bullpen gave up two runs in the 7th and you would have thought by fan reaction on the board they had given up any chance of winning and yet they hadn't even given up the lead.

I hear what you are saying but it's also understandable given the track record of the bullpen.

This team is really good if the bullpen can hold leads/keep us in the game and if the hitting with RISP can improve a little. I think we'll be in it through the thick of things this year. 

Angels have a .723 OPS with RISP, 14th in all of baseball. Sure, there's room to improve but the situational hitting has been fine this year. That's also less of an issue for a team that hits home runs at the rate the Angels do. 

It's obvious to me in just the month of April  this club is better than the last 2 years. The bullpen is fixable, and looks to be coming aound a little bit already, the lineup can rake even with the couple turds in it, and we are still missing 2 key hitters.  I also believe our starting rotation is combined around 3.6 era  Just my 2 cents but i see us with a legit shot @ postseason this year..........I'm pumped :)

While people obsess about individual performances, Cameron points out it is all noise. Like last night, the bullpen gave up two runs in the 7th and you would have thought by fan reaction on the board they had given up any chance of winning and yet they hadn't even given up the lead.

The "fan reaction" I believe you're referring to was the Gameday thread from last night, which pretty much exists for that very purpose - particularly since it was merged with the rant thread.  

The reliever nobody wanted to see came in and got knocked around without recording an out, then his successor followed with a 4 pitch walk.  I can hardly believe people would want to vent about such things, myself.  

I like this team's chances much better now than I did before the season started... and I was cautiously optimistic then.  Pujols' resurgence is huge.  Hamilton's start was very encouraging.  Skaggs and Richards are the other keys.  It really looks like they have both made huge strides and are ready to be top of the rotation starters.  

Ignore the W/L record.  This is not a mediocre ballclub.  

The bullpen will get better.  As I heard someone say on the radio yesterday, it is the easiest thing to fix... and it will probably fix itself a bit just because relievers are so unpredictable.  Get one guy healthy, get one youngster to perform, and acquire another via trade... the Angels could end the year with a good bullpen.  

Lmao, you can not be serious. Did you even watch the game or did you just boxscore check? The one pitcher who has screwed up many times came into the game and allowed the bases to be loaded with no outs, with a 3 run lead. In a live gameday thread, it was justified to be worried and frantic about a bullpen that has been unreliable for 4 years straight to screw it up late in the game.

Your posts have been mindboggling as of late.

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

I watched every pitch last night and enjoyed the game. Went to two games today and again watched every pitch and enjoyed them both even though the wind was annoying.

I didn't sit on the couch griping about every pitch on the gameday thread. I guess I'm not a real fan.

I watched every pitch last night and enjoyed the game. Went to two games today and again watched every pitch and enjoyed them both even though the wind was annoying.

I didn't sit on the couch griping about every pitch on the gameday thread. I guess I'm not a real fan.

Talk about a hyperbole. You can do whatever you want,  fact is the gameday/rant thread is a live reaction to the outcomes of the game. I wasn't even posting in the thread until the bases were loaded with no outs, that set me off and I wanted to rant with the rest of the guys. Obviously only two runs came out of that inning, but it was a scary situation nonetheless.

Lmao, you can not be serious. Did you even watch the game or did you just boxscore check? The one pitcher who has screwed up many times came into the game and allowed the bases to be loaded with no outs, with a 3 run lead. In a live gameday thread, it was justified to be worried and frantic about a bullpen that has been unreliable for 4 years straight to screw it up late in the game.

Your posts have been mindboggling as of late.

He really has transitioned seamlessly into being the new Lifetime. Quite impressive really.

He's basically spent the last 20-something hours telling people they're posting on a baseball message board incorrectly because they're criticizing anyone or posting anything negative.

Edited by jshep

And your gross overreaction is noted. But that game is over so taking the same thought patterns to other threads means you are not willing to discuss, just complain.

The reason you guys are wrong about the bullpen is outlined pretty well by Hubs in the Has Scioscia Lost His Mind? thread. You should read it.

Edited by Eric Notti

Shep, try not to play the baiting game. If you want to discuss something with me then have the balls to address me directly.

Alright then. 

I think it's pretty lame that a moderator(you) is by your own admission just going around being a dick to other

posters.

Also seems awfully against the new rules around here.

Thanks for listening.

Edited by jshep

This is one time where I can say why are we all fighting and arguing when things are going as well as they have in over a year?

Everybody hold hands we're gonna sing a little song about friendship.

Only if I get to hold HaloThunder's hand. That's non-negotiable.