• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

yo Jerry

wopphil

How many Rule 4 drafts has Dipoto lead? Two?

Reagins and his incompetence is still hurting this team. It takes time for draft prospects to filter through to the show. Not nearly enough time to blame Dipoto.

Least we forgot Dipoto inherited the worst farm system in baseball...

Granted, not every move a GM makes is spot on, but JD has made poor use of several resources. 

Even if he can't be held accountable for the Pujols and Hamilton deals, he basically gave away money to Blanton, gifted Walden to the braves, and spent depth on the likes of Greinke Freese and Salas. 

And don't think for a second that the way the bullpen has been constructed isn't purposeful.  He had the ability to improve it more specifically but instead he's made it an afterthought 4 years running. 

Reagins certainly left him a shit sandwich to bite from, but he didn't have to put mustard on it and try to tell us it was still good.  He knows damn well that good bullpens are built from within and he also knew we didn't have a within.  No failed starters with big arms or close to ready college guys.  Yet he chose to spend very little of the teams resources addressing the pen. 

The only reason I am ranting about this is that he has actually done some really good things but he's also left some pretty obvious holes.  Yes, help is on the way, but I just don't want to see an opportunity wasted when we might not get too many solid seasons from Albert and Josh going forward. 

This team, as constructed, doesn't have time to wait around for Alvarez, Morin and Bedrosian to be ready.  Maybe Burnett and DDLR are close, but if not, go get us something equivalent.  Don't give away another 2-3 more wins over the next month hoping for the best. 

Im with Doc.

I think dipoto inherited a very poor situation both on the big club and in the minors. His budget issues are tough because arte wanted pujols / ham.

That said, hes gone w a crap bully since hes been here. And like I mentioned a few days ago, if the money was there for garza, it was there for another bullpen arm.

Doc hit the nail on the head above. Sure, its prob best to build a bullpen from within. That said, jedi knew how weak our system was. I still like frieri, but outside of him we had nothing we could count on. And that was assuming he would be the 2012 version.

Adding smith was great. But again, even in a perfect world where frieri is a stud again and smith is lights out, thats still only 2 guys. The rest are a mix of 'decent' and dogshit.

This pen needs at minimum one more guy who can miss bats. In tight situations pitch to contact guys are risky. Hopefully two of the young guys can come up and give sosh a bullet when we need a strikeout.

Im with Doc.

I think dipoto inherited a very poor situation both on the big club and in the minors. His budget issues are tough because arte wanted pujols / ham.

That said, hes gone w a crap bully since hes been here. And like I mentioned a few days ago, if the money was there for garza, it was there for another bullpen arm.

Doc hit the nail on the head above. Sure, its prob best to build a bullpen from within. That said, jedi knew how weak our system was. I still like frieri, but outside of him we had nothing we could count on. And that was assuming he would be the 2012 version.

Adding smith was great. But again, even in a perfect world where frieri is a stud again and smith is lights out, thats still only 2 guys. The rest are a mix of 'decent' and dogshit.

This pen needs at minimum one more guy who can miss bats. In tight situations pitch to contact guys are risky. Hopefully two of the young guys can come up and give sosh a bullet when we need a strikeout.

Im with Doc.

I agree there needs to be one more solid reliever. Kohn and Jepsen (in before I get flogged for saying this) can both be that person, but they have only shown it very inconsistently. They need one of them to step up, and Kohn has done pretty well so far.

The pen is on Reagins more than Dipoto. Bullpens are built from within with a few free agent signings and trades thrown in. Jerry's young pen arms are going to be coming up shortly.

yup, aside from frieri, jeppy and kohny and maronde-y are all tony and eddie's boys