• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

yo Jerry

wopphil

Are you blind? Morin is up and Scioscia is refusing to use him.

Jerry is responsible for this mess. He has real talent in the minors that is wasting away so that scrubs like Maronde and Herrera can single handidly work to kill our playoff chances. It is absolutely inexcusable that he doesn't bring those guys up and send the garbage back down.

Do I think they should come up? Yeah of course, but I'm not surprised that they aren't since they were both in A ball last year and we're only a month into the season. Very few GMs will be that aggressive with kids. Placing the blame solely on Jerry is so short sighted. DDLR got injured, Frieri turned to shit and Burnett may as well be dead. Jerry had a tiny budget to do what he did with the pitching and get Trout extended.

The only way to get Scioscia to stop using his toys is to fire or release guys, it's been that way with every GM preceding Jerry. The biggest problem is standing on the dugout steps.

Are you blind? Morin is up and Scioscia is refusing to use him.

It's too bad Dipoto isn't the GM and therefore in charge of roster decisions and therefore can't control which players Scioscia has at his disposal in the pen...

Poor Jerry is totally at the mercy of Mike Scioscia's iron fist!

Edited by jshep

Jerry has a sports car in the garage, but he is choosing to drive the family's dying mini van. He needs to sack up and take some bold action. Honestly, can Bedrosian and Alvarez be worse than this crap?

And I agree with you regarding Scioscia.

Remember the good old days when we called up Lackey and Krod and won the World Series with young arms?

Good young players can hang with the big boys. (In 2000, Albert pujols was playing in the Midwest league. In 2001, he came in fourth in MVP voting.)

Bedrosian and Alvarez are destroying their competition. I dont know how anyone can really believe they aren't ready to out perform the likes of Maronde and Herrera right now.

The pen is on Reagins more than Dipoto. Bullpens are built from within with a few free agent signings and trades thrown in. Jerry's young pen arms are going to be coming up shortly.

i'm not really joining the discussion in any capacity other than to say, the bullpen is an annual turnover event. any team could entirely overhaul virtually their entire bullpen any given year if they wanted to. good, even great, bullpen guys are a dime a dozen. you can piece meal it together from seemingly inconsequential minor league trades and veteran bp guys that are on upswings. you just have to be adept at recognizing them.

The pen is on Reagins more than Dipoto. Bullpens are built from within with a few free agent signings and trades thrown in. Jerry's young pen arms are going to be coming up shortly.

Going to have to call bullshit on this one. This argument might have worked the last 2 years, but he's in year 3 now. That's plenty of time to overhaul a bullpen. Plus, isn't it his fault that his "young pen arms" aren't on the major league roster right now and we're rolling out Herrera and Maronde?

This train wreck is on you dude. The worst part is that you have talent in the minors, but you would prefer to keep running the garbage out. Sack up and fix this before it is too late.

I'm confused. Is there something wrong? Kohn, Jepsen and Salas threw zeros.

Herrera and Maronde will be replaced by DDLR or one of Alvarez/Bedrosian and Maronde will be replaced by Burnett or Sisk.

Weaver needs to quit running out of gas by the 5th inning. He's taxing the bullpen.

Keep Calm, Wopphil. We won!

Do I think they should come up? Yeah of course, but I'm not surprised that they aren't since they were both in A ball last year and we're only a month into the season. Very few GMs will be that aggressive with kids. Placing the blame solely on Jerry is so short sighted. DDLR got injured, Frieri turned to shit and Burnett may as well be dead. Jerry had a tiny budget to do what he did with the pitching and get Trout extended.

The only way to get Scioscia to stop using his toys is to fire or release guys, it's been that way with every GM preceding Jerry. The biggest problem is standing on the dugout steps.

i agree that scioscia is terrible at bullpen management, but jerry is partly at fault, he traded talent away for salas, he wasted 7m on jerry blanton - money that could have been used on relief.

Thank God for Joe Smith. 

I'd have gone with Frieri over Herrera but no harm no foul. 

They are one pen arm short of being solid and two from being good.   

We could really use DDLR and Burnett right now.  Big time.  That would go a long way to really rounding out this team.  If these guys are gonna be back soon, I'd hold off on bringing up Alvarez and I'd save Bedrock as a secret weapon for a stretch run. 

They need to get to a point where Jep is a situational Rher, and Salas is the last guy out and doesn't have to pitch in close games.  Maronde and Herrera belong in AAA. 

It's coming along though. 

Thank God for Joe Smith.

I'd have gone with Frieri over Herrera but no harm no foul.

They are one pen arm short of being solid and two from being good.

We could really use DDLR and Burnett right now. Big time. That would go a long way to really rounding out this team. If these guys are gonna be back soon, I'd hold off on bringing up Alvarez and I'd save Bedrock as a secret weapon for a stretch run.

They need to get to a point where Jep is a situational Rher, and Salas is the last guy out and doesn't have to pitch in close games. Maronde and Herrera belong in AAA.

It's coming along though.

Totally agree, Doc.

Bedrock, Alvarez, Sisk and Morin are coming.. DDLR and Burnett are wildcards and if we get one of the two back, we'll be in good shape.

The middle relief is a disaster right now. Jepsen got it done tonight but will he tomorrow? Same with Kohn. I don't necessarily blame Dipoto for this though. Relievers are so dynamic as is, rarely will you find one who has more than 4 years of effectiveness. Spending on relief can be just as much a roll of the dice as promoting from AA/AAA. So I don't blame him for not spending money other than Smith.

As for the roster construction, yeah it's total garbage right now. I'd demote Herrera and Maronde, and bring up Bedrosian and Sisk. I'd also drop Shuck and promote Green. I'd also give Ibanez until the end of May to turn those numbers around before making DH an open competition between Stewart/Freese, Green and Cron.

i agree that scioscia is terrible at bullpen management, but jerry is partly at fault, he traded talent away for salas, he wasted 7m on jerry blanton - money that could have been used on relief.

Am I the only one who thinks Salas has been serviceable.....besides that first game of the season he has been ok.  Sure he gave up the winning hit against the nats after frieri crapped the bed but is Salas really the guy we want in at that situation?  That is not his role.

And can we give up on the whole "we gave away talent" crap that we see in every thread.  PB's 2011 is looking more and more like a mirage and grichuk has done nothing to show that his OBP will translate to the big leagues.  I am not say that Salas is a keeper but I am not really seeing how the Cardinals won that trade in a landslide.  Freese has been putrid, PB has been horrible, Salas has an ERA in the 2.00's and has two wins, and Grichuk is has shown his whole MILB career that his OBP is driven by his average which is not a good sign for a swing and miss guy. Guys that are cheap and under club control aren't a great commodity if they are not producing.

I just find it funny that all of the sudden Grichuk is an amazing talent and "the real prize" just by spending three weeks with the Cardinals.  Time will tell if Grichuk pans out at all.  I am not seeing it.  I think he has a couple of ok years at the age of 27 and 28 after bouncing around for a while.