• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Stadium Talks Turn Angry

Lhalo

When I continue to hear Arte complain about how bad the City of Anaheim treats him, I'm reminded of the beginning of Annie Hall, when Woody Allen talks about two elderly women kvetching about a restaurant in the Catskills:

Woman 1: The food there is terrible.

Woman 2: And such small portions!

They hate the place, but still want more.

Go to another restaurant, Arte.

We will see if you are all gung ho about that when you can't go to the games anymore. The more I read your posts, the more I think you really don't like this team at all.

MT everyone is entitled to their opinion on these issues. If I didn't like the team I wouldn't attend the games. Why wouldn't I want to walk into a new stadium? Anaheim Stadium is as old as dirt. The ammenities suck but I wouldn't expect you to know that from where you're sitting. Why don't you fly down here for a game and wait in line for 1 1/2 innings to get food and drinks. We need a new stadium, not another paint job. Arte said that he can build a new stadium. Let him build one.

Edited by Hamiltown

We will see if you are all gung ho about that when you can't go to the games anymore. The more I read your posts, the more I think you really don't like this team at all.

Anywhere in North OC I'd be happy with.

There's enough space to build a new stadium on the same lot and demolish the current stadium for parking.

Easier said than done I know.

Anywhere in North OC I'd be happy with.

There's enough space to build a new stadium on the same lot and demolish the current stadium for parking.

Easier said than done I know.

I think that would be the ideal situation for the fans.

Disney promotes the city of Anaheim. Anaheim Angels. Same with the hockey team.

Arte used a perfectly legal loophole to S all over Anaheim. Perfectly legal. But people have long memories.

Disney put the clause in the contract just in case they wanted to take a dump on the name. They were no saints as owners.

If Disney was owner and not Arte. Anaheim would be bending over backwards to make them happy.

Just a hunch

Disney and and Anaheim have a well known terrible relationship. Wasn't it a few years ago Disney wanted to purchase some hotels and Anaheim put the kabosh. I don't get it. Anaheim without Disney and the Angels is a really sh#tty town. They should cater to those two organizations. 

He should move the team to vegas...the players would like that as they would get a 13.3% raise on all home games.

Would Southern California be considered a blackout area?  

If we all can watch on MLB.com without a blackout, it would be like we all got a 13.3% raise by cutting the cord to cable.

For as much as I hated the name change at the time, I am ALL IN on TEAM ARTE on this one.

The CoA is a pompous bunch of d-bags who think that the sun rises in the Anaheim Hills and sets just beyond Euclid.  They think that Anaheim came BEFORE Disney, BEFORE the Angels... Disney isn't going anywhere - they can't.  But the Rams proved you can leave and the Angels will too.

However, the Angels will NOT be leaving SoCal... they will end up in Tustin/Irvine area where there is plenty of room and the team will be appreciated.  Sorry - the WILL NOT be moving north - there is no reason to.  The won't be moving away to Las Vegas or anywhere else for that matter - they will not leave the second largest media market in the country.  The stadium IS old and IS rotting from within and the best thing for the Angels to do is either build new on the current lot or build new somewhere else.

I just hope it happens sooner rather than later... I hate to think about waiting till 2019 for this to happen.

Maybe Anaheim thinks it would be better to spend the money/resources in other ways that would be more beneficial to the people they were elected to serve. I doubt the Angels leave anyway but there are plenty of cities that are thriving without a professional baseball team if they do leave.

Edited by eaterfan

the ironic thing is the only thing ruining the current Stadium and location is the poor relationship between the COA and the Angels (Arte).

and I put most of the reason for this poor relationship on Anaheim, not Arte.

Arte is a business guy -- be up front with him and he'll be square with you........even if he doesn't like whatever you (meaning COA) proposes........but COA has been playing this shell game of shifting proposals on the Halos. It's nonsense and Arte is calling them out on it. Good for Arte.

Now, a reality check. The best location for a ballpark is on the real estate where it currently sits.  Whether you do yet another renovation on the current Big A or demolish it and build a new park next door on the same lot (heck, with all the parking there, the Angels could probably do this without impacting parking that much) -- that's decision to be made.........but Anaheim -- thinking they have Arte in a bind (because they own what appears to be the best and perhaps only location for a ballpark) needs to do a reality check as well........they're a dismal failure in the economic development arena. They've tried for years to develop the Platinum Triangle area or whatever they call it.......they given other developers options to come up with development proposals (even back when redevelopment agency type financing was available) and failed on numerous occasions.........that's why it was COA that went to ARTE with the development tie in proposal with a lease extension........Arte's a winner. He knows business, investment and development. He runs circles around the COA public employees who have not a clue about free markets and free enterprise.....investment and return......so Arte gives it a go, the COA says OK and then pulls back when the Mayor doesn't like the perception of a public give away (again, it's Arte doing the development and taking the risk , so he deserves some return on that investment) and backs away -- exactly what investors hate -- a moving target......a moving target with the Mayor and COA weighing down the return on the back end with added payouts to the COA (for no up front investment, only a property that's been the subject of development flops for more than a decade) -- so like the proverbial Christmas tree, the COA offer gets weighed down with too many ornaments and causes Arte to back off the moving target.

If I am Arte, I start negotiations with downtown LA interests as soon as tomorrow. Dodgers won't like it it -- but tough........Bring the Halos back to baseball only new style park called The New Wrigley Field in Downtown Los Angeles.........now we're talking Los Angeles Angels baseball.......Steve Bilko bobble head on opening night........

having said that -- I still think the best location is right there on State College and Katella.....let Arte partner with some one who gets along with the COA (I don't think at this point, Arte could be in an actual partnership with the COA) and enter into negotiations for Arte and his COA designated partner to negotiate with the NFL to build a new football stadium at the Big A as soon as the new baseball stadium next door is completed.........like Seattle.........keep your baseball team, gain a S. Cal NFL team instead of losing the Halos to downtown LA.

someone's gotta blink -- my bet is that is isn't Arte Moreno.