• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels give me Blue Balls

Chuck

This team scores the most runs in MLB, leads all of baseball in HR's, has a solid starting 5 and flirts with so many would be wins, only to cough them up via the bullpen, mental errors, defensive errors or failing to execute in crucial moments offensively. 

I have not given up, I believe this team can pull their heads out and go on a run or two this season to put them atop the AL West, but this is the most frustrated I've been in all my 35 years as an Angels fan. 

/End Rant

It's just old and tiring. We're seeing the same crap far too often

I really can't stand this bullpen. They continue to piss away quality outings by SP over and over and turn wins into losses. At this point, I'd rather just see them call up 4-5 arms to replace this current group. At least with the new arms up, we would have some hope that they could hold the lead. This current group, we've seen them far too often over the years that we are just programmed to the fact that they stink and are woefully unreliable. When they do hold a lead, it almost feels like a surprise

This team scores the most runs in MLB, leads all of baseball in HR's, has a solid starting 5 and flirts with so many would be wins, only to cough them up via the bullpen, mental errors, defensive errors or failing to execute in crucial moments offensively. 

I have not given up, I believe this team can pull their heads out and go on a run or two this season to put them atop the AL West, but this is the most frustrated I've been in all my 35 years as an Angels fan. 

/End Rant

I was looking for a way to express how I feel about this team and you have nailed it.  My level of frustration is a 10/10 right now. 

I am still in the camp that this team needs to clean house of all their manager and coaches in order to turn this thing around.

Nah, if anyone, Butcher. But Mike Scioscia has been on top of his game this season IMO. 

I was looking for a way to express how I feel about this team and you have nailed it.  My level of frustration is a 10/10 right now. 

Here's hoping they come home and go on a serious 3-5 game winning streak. It's desperately needed IMO. 

I'm also hoping we see Grant Green soon. I'm done with JB Smuck in LF. 

I am still in the camp that this team needs to clean house of all their manager and coaches in order to turn this thing around.

I have been very reluctant to think this way but the only answer is leadership. This team plays with a stick up their ass in clutch situations. Losing games that we shouldn't. Seems like we are always second guessing our coaching decisions and we are unfortunately right most of the time. Ect.. Time for some new energy.

I'm at a concert was 2-2 when I left, what happened this time?

Kohn walks leadoff hitter.

Strikes out Jeter.

Walks Beltran on 4 pitches.

Taken out

Maronde in.

Passed ball.

2nd and 3rd one out.

Ianetta can't catch foul tipped strike out twice.

Wild pitch runner scores.

I'm at a concert was 2-2 when I left, what happened this time?

Kohn couldn't throw strikes, walked Ellsbury and Beltran. 

Nick Maronde *does* throw some strikes but Iannetta fails to catch them. Passed ball on a strike down middle of the plate advances runners. Wild pitch allows Ellsbury to score.

Why does everyone need to melt down after a loss? The Angels are playing some great baseball right now. This team is contending and will get better when Hamilton and Calhoun get back. The bullpen is on the right track and SP is looking strong.

Go Red Balls!

Edited by Troll Daddy

Why does everyone need to melt down after a loss? The Angels are playing some great baseball right now. This team is contending and will get better when Hamilton and Calhoun get back. The bullpen is on the right track and SP is looking strong.

Go Red Balls!

Pimp you crack me up with your "bullpen is on the right track" BS. You're hilarious bro and I mean that.

On a side note I yelled some obscenities at my car radio today that had my wife questioning my moral compass. That abortion of an 8th inning was a masterpiece only the Angels could perform. Thank baby Jesus that Morin was called up and we have two more young arms on the way or else I'd probably slit my wrists before the AllStar break.

Go Red Balls!

Quit trolling. This isn't a meltdown, this is fact. The team is frustrating to watch because of the reasons I pointed out. 

Nah, if anyone, Butcher. But Mike Scioscia has been on top of his game this season IMO. 

In many ways, yes, but I still question the two games in the late innings when he did not call for the 3rd base line to be covered. That was faulty strategy repeated just a couple of games later. This is my opinion, but I think he needs to make a trip out to the pitching mound during one of the many times that a relief pitcher can't find the plate and lay down the law. He used to do that years ago, come out and get real firm in his temperment telling guys to throw damned strikes or else. He has not gone to the mound in a long time (other than to remove a pitcher) to conference on the mound - or even to bark at umpires. These guys need to be reminded that there are plenty of guys more than willing to take their spot on the ML roster if they can't get their act together.

Go Red Balls!

TD, what track would that be? The bp railroad analogy that pops up in my mind is that of a train wreck about to happen, not some metaphorical right track. The BP stats on inherited runners scored, blown saves, and WHIP states the opposite of your opinion. The bullpen is the weak link, and still can't be counted on for an extended streak. The team has played some very good games, but they are 11 and 13. Not terrible, and certainly an improvement over the past few Aprils, but failing to hold leads has cost the team some very winnable - should have won - games.