• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This aligns with my view of the subject matter.

I wasn't trying imply anyone was more libertarian than anyone else.  I do remember you being less upset about government intrusion into our pocketbooks than gay marriage though.  Personally the argument that "it's just going to happen anyways" is more infuriating than a true liberal's stance on finance.

I'll use the rally out though and say I could absolutely be wrong.

But the fact that people seem to be able to embrace one part of libertarian philosophy and ignore the others is what frustrates me.

This is what people are like.  Honestly, do you know anybody that is 100% conservative, liberal, or libertarian?  Why should we have to hew completely to one ideology?

It makes it pretty hypocritical if you can't be consistent.

Politicians in general and political parties in specific aren't consistent.  Are you 100% libertarian?  If not, why aren't you consistent?

yes, laws have never been soley based on preventing harm.

So, no. You do not have a point other than to be contradictory. Would you care to share an opinion or are you afraid that a Lifetime clone will just follow you around nitpicking your opinions so he can later masturbate to the thought that he's the smartest guy in his mirror?  

The fact that more than 50% of marriages fail today suggests that its signifigance has diminished considerably. And divorce in and of itself could be considered a sin.

Actually, divorce is a sin and if you get divorced you are not allowed to remarry until your former spouse dies.  Of course, the church ignores this now because so many members have divorced.

Actually, divorce is a sin and if you get divorced you are not allowed to remarry until your former spouse dies.  Of course, the church ignores this now because so many members have divorced.

Or maybe because that's not what Jesus said when he fulfilled the laws of the Old Testament, according to the Christian Bible.

In my opinion, divorce is a bigger threat to society than gay marriage.

That's all well and good, and you're certainly entitled to your beliefs as to cause (though I doubt research will ultimately bear them out), but precipitating factors are COMPLETELY irrelevant to the granting of rights. In a world where you're correct and such is used as the basis for the denial of rights, you might as well deny persons born with developmental disorders caused by radiation exposure while in utero.

The solution to your concerns is not a denial of rights, but a more careful examination of environmental and technological issues.

Stop conflating these two completely separate concepts, and if you aren't doing that, start using the ability to start different paragraphs more effectively.

For not creating a better isolation in my stance on Gay marriage and my opinion on examining the technological origins, (or for even entertaining the latter), My apologies amigo.