• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Buttes; conquered again!

Just got back yesterday from our 11th annual Beers and Baseball trip...  Halos and the Buttes!  With some Dos Gringos (Tempe and Chandler), Woodshed, and others thrown-in.

We rolled into town in time to dump luggage and get to the game on St. Paddys Day by the 2nd inning.  We found our host Jay (known as "King" for the size of his personality, as well as physically) and friends hanging-out on the left-field patio.  Another friend of ours was still in town for their last game, and he and his wife left their seats to join us.  Didn't see much of the game, since we were catching-up and getting our pre-Irish Day-drink on.

Dunno bout the rest of you, but St. Patricks Day on a Sunday in Tempe isn't much to write home about... We were told that most of the celebrating was done the night before.  It was good to have Monday off from the Halos to recover by the pool/bacuzzi.

The rest of the week went similarly; fall down the hill from the Buttes to the park.  Take an after-game cleansing-swim in the pools (my buddy Potsy would usually stalk the pool-bar looking for women to tell his stories to.  Eventually, we'd take a cab ride to meet-up with King and friends at Tempe Dos.  Depending on how the night went at the bars, we might cut-out early for some late-night bacuzzi action.

The baseball action was pretty typical for this Spring season... I think the Halos went 2-3 over our home games.  The 13-9 loss to the Royals was a slug-fest, thanks to the gale-force winds blowing-out.  Jeff "Frenchy" Francoeur crushed one out that almost got into the left-center field lot.  Pujols also took advantage of the breeze.  I think this was the marathon-game where Madsen warmed-up for the 2nd or 3rd inning, then decided he couldn't continue.  During the half-hour delay of trying to find a pitcher, Trout and Hamilton strolled-out to Center field to entertain the fans for a bit.

We haven't had a DC/Potsy incident in a couple of years (since we both first became EMT's...) but our luck returned again on Sunday.  Potsy is now a Medic, and just shrugged his shoulders when I pointed down toward a 20-something year old female who was having a seizure out on the left-field lawn.  We went down, and helped the family stabilize her until Tempe Medics arrived.  She was coming out of her diabetic-seizure by the time Tempe Medics arrived to transport.

We ended our week at Dos for happy hour, then hit the Woodshed (Woodpile, as I call it for being the deadest bar in the history of St. Patricks Day) on our way home.

Can't wait for next year, as we'll probly only make it to a few regular-season games (It's easier to get fired-up to walk down the hill from the Buttes to the ballpark, than drive 20 miles to Anaheim).  We might even try to make the Fan-fest!

That's great!  Thanks, Chuck.  I needed some sub-titles though, for identifying people and what was going-on.  Looks like it was a great time!  I'd promise to be there next year, but we are victims of our Vacation-schedules...

Are there more posts/photos in the Fanfest section?  (Somehow, we neglected to take any pix of our trip... 8)

That's great!  Thanks, Chuck.  I needed some sub-titles though, for identifying people and what was going-on.  Looks like it was a great time!  I'd promise to be there next year, but we are victims of our Vacation-schedules...

Are there more posts/photos in the Fanfest section?  (Somehow, we neglected to take any pix of our trip... 8)

Yeah, there's a bunch in our Photo Gallery here. http://www.angelswin-forum.com/forums/gallery/