• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Garrett Richards Appreciation Thread

I'd just like to say that I drafted him at the end of my dynasty league draft and held onto him. I BELIEVED

I always trusted the stuff, but was worried if he'd ever live up to his potential because of his command issues/how he'd get lefties out consistently. Who needs a changeup when you can get lefties out with 97 mph cutters down and in that tail off the plate

• 3 years later...

5 innings out of 63 pitches. should be up to near 80 by his next start, which at that rate would get him up above 6 innings. That's normal starter territory, and the rest of the year he should be essentially 100%. It may well be too little too late for this team, but its nice to see GRich back and making waves.

For funzies; Rich making Altuve look like a damn fool, swinging at a ball in the dirt:
https://www.mlb.com/video/richards-strikes-out-altuve/c-1829474283

7 minutes ago, krAbs said:

5 innings out of 63 pitches. should be up to near 80 by his next start, which at that rate would get him up above 6 innings. That's normal starter territory, and the rest of the year he should be essentially 100%. It may well be too little too late for this team, but its nice to see GRich back and making waves.

For funzies; Rich making Altuve look like a damn fool, swinging at a ball in the dirt:
https://www.mlb.com/video/richards-strikes-out-altuve/c-1829474283

There was nothing normal about his start last night... at least for this team. 

When was the last time we had a starter go 5 and not give up 15 runs in he process?

17 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

There was nothing normal about his start last night... at least for this team. 

When was the last time we had a starter go 5 and not give up 15 runs in he process?

haha I mean...normal starter, not normal Angel starter. That being said, 5 innings with 1 run on 63 pitches, against one of the better hitting teams in baseball? That right there is ace territory.

8 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Can he stay healthy for a whole season?   That's the next step.   He, for sure, has ace stuff.

Given the lack of innings these past two years, how many innings tops should he pitch in 2018?

He's not a kid. He had a 207 inning season in '15. He should be set for 30+ starts next year at normal starter workload, which given the team's new pen usage would put him around 180-200 innings

3 hours ago, arch stanton said:

He's not a kid. He had a 207 inning season in '15. He should be set for 30+ starts next year at normal starter workload, which given the team's new pen usage would put him around 180-200 innings

I'd be vary wary of hoping for that Arch. With his previous injury history and the small amount of innings this year that is asking a lot. I think 120-150 IP max is probably the outcome if he stays healthy. I could be wrong but injuries abound.

9 minutes ago, ettin said:

I'd be vary wary of hoping for that Arch. With his previous injury history and the small amount of innings this year that is asking a lot. I think 120-150 IP max is probably the outcome if he stays healthy. I could be wrong but injuries abound.

If he's healthy he gets 30 starts. If he pitches 150 innings over 30 starts I'll be pissed

27 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

If he's healthy he gets 30 starts. If he pitches 150 innings over 30 starts I'll be pissed

From your mouth to God's ears AS. I'm going to temper my expectations a bit I think 30 starts is entering some dangerous territory.