• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What to do at 3B?

Best Green stat this season 10-18 with RISP. For all I know, 7 or 8 of those might have been dunkers just over the infielders heads, but I'll take those over strikeouts and grounding into double plays which seems to be the only two things Freese knows how to do. I know someone else made the comment, but the dude looks like he's not even seeing the pitches.

Nothing makes YOT happier than calling people out for small sample size.

If he sees someone say "that guy needs to be benched cause he went 0 for (less than 200)," he gets a big ol stiffy and proceeds to give a snotty response about sample size. I love it. It's cute.

Interesting analogy. Sorry to disappoint you this is just not true either.

Somebody has to state the obvious reality of sample sizes. Far too many jump to quick conclusions...

Legit question.  The next question is when do you make the change.  I have no idea what the coaches are helping Freese with, so it is difficult to say when a change should made.  Some of the adjustments that Freese may be working on may take a little time to develop.

I agree with everyone that Freese needs more time, but I am curious, at what point do the Angels go with another option?  Freese has had 57 ABs.  Do we give a 100?  Do we give him another month?  He is batting 140, so I know Stewart, Lucho, and or Green could easily match that.

Interesting analogy. Sorry to disappoint you this is just not true either.

Somebody has to state the obvious reality of sample sizes. Far too many jump to quick conclusions...

I'm mindful of sample sizes.  I'm also mindful of career trajectories, park factors, league factors and player histories.   Freese was a bad bet based on a lot of things.  I agree with others that are saying he's really lost right now, he's looks like he's in a fog, it's sad really.   I suspect he will improve but he's nothing more than a complimentary player -- not someone you wait on..   His career ISO is .138, that ranks right there with luminaries like Kevin Orie, Rick Schu, Tim Neahring, Mike Lamb, David Bell, and Shane Halter.   His entire offensive career has been propped up by a really incredible Babip (.342), 7th best all time among 3B.  

Mostly, I just question the talk about wanting to get off to a fast start while at the same time preaching patience with the new guys.

57 ABs doesn't seem like enough for a guy with his history. I'd give him about 100. 

This reminds me of the move Pujols down in the lineup thread. Freese may just be in a rough patch and could turn it on tomorrow.

i'd give him 150-200 at bats. let him settle in and figure out some things.

sosh showed ridiculous patience with steve finley and several others. he needs to show some of that with freese, also. if freese doesn't figure it out, give the job to stewart or green, but let's give him a reasonable shot here.

i'd give him 150-200 at bats. let him settle in and figure out some things.

sosh showed ridiculous patience with steve finley and several others. he needs to show some of that with freese, also. if freese doesn't figure it out, give the job to stewart or green, but let's give him a reasonable shot here.

I thought the team needed to get off to a hot start.