• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What to do at 3B?

Green is a different story (for me). At least from everything ive read, he CAN hit. But is his defense good enough for 3B?

If it is, id be all for it. I get the feeling hes one of those guys that might spark the team. The guy that doesnt put up great numbers, but has a few doink hits that win a game and gets us on a streak.

For better or worse I think they've got to continue with Freese for awhile yet, with Stewart coming in every third game or so. If Freese continues to stink up the joint deep into May, and Stewart tails off as expected, then Green will almost certainly be in the mix.

Regardless, my hope is that Cowart has a bit leap forward and is ready to play next year, but I'm guessing we're looking more at 2016 for. So we're looking at some combination of Freese, Stewart, and Green over the next year and a half or so. I just don't see Lucho figuring in much, at least not this year. If the Angels planned on playing him they wouldn't have signed Stewart.

Green is a different story (for me). At least from everything ive read, he CAN hit. But is his defense good enough for 3B?

If it is, id be all for it. I get the feeling hes one of those guys that might spark the team. The guy that doesnt put up great numbers, but has a few doink hits that win a game and gets us on a streak.

I think his glove is purely ornamental, that would normally be an issue but but in replacing Freese, he'd be replacing another awful glove....   

I know you're asking IP, but I'm guessing his peak is around .290/.800 with 15 HR or so. Similar to Lindsey and Yarbrough, actually.

Whats green project as bat wise IP?

AJ gave a decent window IMO, I think he could actually put on some weight still and gain some power -- ultimately I think his offensive projection may be tied in to where he plays defensively.    I think the less he has to worry about his glove, the more he'd get out of his bat.

Edited by Inside Pitch

I really believe Freese is suffering from coming to a new league, new team, and new teammates.  There is a lot of self imposed pressure there, ala Hamilton and Pujols in their first years with the club.  I agree with YOT, it's a small sample size and the circumstances are pressuring him.

Way too early to abandon Freese. Holy small sample sizes.

His glove has never been good, his power has always been overrated.   I agree its early still but I don't think he's one of those guys you wait on for his upside.

it should be pointed out that I didn't have a high opinion of him so, admittedly Im biased.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Same. Gotta gotta give Freese and Stewart more time.

I'm done with Lucho. He's nothing more than a 4-A player IMO.

I think Lucho deserves a shot with someone.  He's gotten a raw deal.  Injuries on top of limited play.  He's basically Aybar with less speed and more power.  He's an excellent defender  and his bat could be ok if given a shot.  A bunch of guys find their way at age 26.  Plus, he plays the game hard and seems to truly enjoy being out there.  But because of his lack of plate discipline, he will always be a guy that any team that has him will always be looking to upgrade.