• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

5 or 6 West Teams moving their AHL teams west? (LA, Anaheim..)

Thomas

So would the idea, at least for the Kings, be to simply convert Ontario from an ECHL team to an AHL team, but keep the name?  And restaff the team with top prospects? 

It's kind of fun seeing the Reign play when they come to town to play our local ECHL Colorado Eagles.  (They're part of the Winnipeg Jets system)

San Diego or Las Vegas for the Ducks would be cool.  Don't know if Riverside/San Bernardino can support a hockey team.  

San Diego sounds like it would be the best choice for the Ducks. As far as I know Riverside or San Berdoo don't have the facilities to host a minor league team.

Just looking at who might move.

Ducks - SD

Kings - San Bernardino

San Jose - Portland

Coyotes - Don't know if AZ can support another.  Vegas or NM?

Already have a team.

Calgary - BC

On the fence.

Vancouver - Seattle

Colorado - Utah?  (conflict with the echl?, or fold that echl team, and bring it to Long Beach or the Valley?)

Edmonton - ?????

I'm not sure if Colorado has any interest moving west but SLC and ABQ have been mentioned. Phoenix too if for some reason an in-state venue doesn't work. 

Though the new arena in ABQ (Rio Rancho) is so poorly located it makes the Glendale AZ site seem convenient. /facepalm I guess the PIT might work but I'm not holding my breath. 

San Diego and the Ducks seem like a perfect fit.

Fresno or Sacramento for the Sharks.

Kings and Ontario a given.

Vancouver may be more difficult than the others if Seattle remains off limits though long term clearly there will be an NHL team there.

I'm not sure if Colorado has any interest moving west but SLC and ABQ have been mentioned. Phoenix too if for some reason an in-state venue doesn't work. 

Though the new arena in ABQ (Rio Rancho) is so poorly located it makes the Glendale AZ site seem convenient. /facepalm I guess the PIT might work but I'm not holding my breath. 

San Diego and the Ducks seem like a perfect fit.

Fresno or Sacramento for the Sharks.

Kings and Ontario a given.

Vancouver may be more difficult than the others if Seattle remains off limits though long term clearly there will be an NHL team there.

I'm torn on the Kings one.  Just because the Reign is doing so well.  But it may open up Las Vegas if the Coyotes stay in AZ.  

Fresno or Sacramento for the Sharks does sound good.  And that would open Portland up for the Canucks.