• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

A theory on David Freese

I don't think Salas is that bad. 

While not a No.1 or No. 2 reliever, he's much better than Jepsen.  He has good K/9 and K/BB and low HR numbers.  

Hahaha, oh ****, who isn't better than Jepsen?

Again, sure I liked Petey, but I think most of us understood that he was odd man out with Trout on the team.  What I found disturbing was that we traded one of our only chips for something that wasn't really a hole and didn't make the hole any better.

Even if we couldn't have gotten a ML level player for him, maybe some decent prospects would have a good return.  Instead we got older and worse defensively when we were crappy last year defensively.

Agree. Again, the problem wasn't in trading Bourjos, it is what we didn't gain in return that is the most troubling. 

oh there was a hole there.  they just covered it with a tarp and a bunch of leaves.   IT'S A TRAP!!!

C'mon Doc, if third base was a hole, than the bullpen was/is a crater. ALL are focus should have been in this area.  

Peter B had been openly on the market, for a pitcher in return, for nearly a year. Dipoto pulled the trigger on the best, maybe the only, deal he was offered. Freese isn't good, but he is on this team, and what people should be pulling their hair over is the fact that he isn't riding the pine with better options available. The trade was made and the past is just that. It is what we do NOW, to face that reality, that matters.

Hey Angel fans,

Sorry to see David Freese isn't hitting.. but not terribly surprising.   I'm rooting for David, and most of us Cards fans are. 

You'll be happy to know that PB is getting benched in favor of Jon Jay.   His defense and speed are impressive, but he's not hitting.

I think Grichuk will end up being what made this deal better for the Cards.  He is getting a lot of attention for his playing in AAA Memphis.

I think Freese will have some streaks this season.  He has always been a streaky player. 

Freese was awful last year and is entering into his decline stage. He's obviously not this bad but the upside here was a 2-2.5 WAR player who could hit near league average. 

I've expressed my hate towards the trade enough so I don't need to do it again. 

Yeah he'll definitely get better, but what sucks is  that the upside was never much to brag about to begin with.