• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

As Albert Pujols nears 500 HRs, does anyone even care?

Problem with your statement is Albert wasn't going to be happy. He wanted a long term deal with a full no trade clause. What part of that don't you get?

I don't get why the no trade rights are in play here, since he's a 5/10 guy.  What am i missing?

I don't get why the no trade rights are in play here, since he's a 5/10 guy.  What am i missing?

The minute he signed with someone else he was no longer a 10/5 guy.   10/5 means ten years in the league, 5 years with his current team.   Minus a no trade Albert could be shipped out to any team anywhere in any of the first 5 years of his contract.

So a right that was already his, earned through collective bargaining with the union (5/10 rights), were important to him in the negotiations?

Interesting. 

Already his so long as he re-signed with the Cardinals.

Edited by Inside Pitch

At the rate Pujols is going, he's going to get #500 on this road trip.

I heard an interesting take on this yesterday on mlb radio.  They said it would probably be a much bigger deal if he'd stayed with the Cardinals.  Hard to argue with that.