• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I'm so sorry...

I'd like to make a confession, I left the game early last night, like really early. There are a lot of reasons I left early, but without a doubt the like of life in the team from the third through the sixth innings was killing my desire to watch the game. They felt flat. I use to be a guy that would NEVER leave early, but so much anymore. I go to a lot of games and sometimes I just feel like, I pay too much money on Angels baseball to watch bad baseball or to be pissed off.

I'd like to make a confession, I left the game early last night, like really early. There are a lot of reasons I left early, but without a doubt the like of life in the team from the third through the sixth innings was killing my desire to watch the game. They felt flat. I use to be a guy that would NEVER leave early, but so much anymore. I go to a lot of games and sometimes I just feel like, I pay too much money on Angels baseball to watch bad baseball or to be pissed off.

From Everything you've said over the years Strad, that is a surprise. I'm one of Many who stopped my season tickets after years of what I believe is worse than acceptable results. Are the season tickets the next thing to go?

The Angels should've swept them so losing the series is a major downer, but there is a bright side. The Angels' hitters really showed a lot of heart and didn't roll over like they've been doing the last few years..at least seemingly. Except for Howie. That dude should stop getting ABs after the 7th inning

The Angels should've swept them so losing the series is a major downer, but there is a bright side. The Angels' hitters really showed a lot of heart and didn't roll over like they've been doing the last few years..at least seemingly. Except for Howie. That dude should stop getting ABs after the 7th inning

Agree, Adam. 

Howie is the most frustrating player to watch for me on the team. Especially with RISP or late in the game. 

Dude really tried to end the game GIDP in the 9th. 

Agree, Adam. 

Howie is the most frustrating player to watch for me on the team. Especially with RISP or late in the game. 

Dude really tried to end the game GIDP in the 9th. 

I like Howie but if we're not getting any traction in June/July, we really need to move him while he has some value...

To me, Howie is so afraid of failure. He has no confidence in his ability to hit with 2 strikes that he does everything he can to put the ball in play early in the count. He's only going to get a fastball up if the reliever makes a terrible mistake or if the reliever pitches for the Angels. 

From Everything you've said over the years Strad, that is a surprise. I'm one of Many who stopped my season tickets after years of what I believe is worse than acceptable results. Are the season tickets the next thing to go?

No I won't give them up, there is a lot of sentimental value to me to have them. There are other reasons I left early, I just mentioned one. I'll shoot you a PM.

<--- Has never seen them lose in Anaheim. Also, I have such a winning record at Yankee Stadium, that most of my Yankee fan friends don't like going to the games with me anymore. ;)

Edited by NJHalo

There are a lot of reasons I left early, but without a doubt the like of life in the team from the third through the sixth innings was killing my desire to watch the game. They felt flat. I use to be a guy that would NEVER leave early, but so much anymore. I go to a lot of games and sometimes I just feel like, I pay too much money on Angels baseball to watch bad baseball or to be pissed off.

They have actually, unfortunately, lost my interest in wasting even my time listening to them or watching them on TV. Trout and Weaver are pretty much the only guys I care about.

It's bad baseball, and I refuse to watch or be a part of it. I'll still root for the team, I'm an Angels fan, but I have far better things to do than waste my time on crappy baseball.

And I'm really sad to have to say that, but it's true.

That win over the A's was HUGE........it meant we DID NOT GET SWEPT BY Seattle AND Oakland at HOME in April.

It kept us within one game of .500

it was a big morale booster.

it was the kind of game that could provide some real momentum moving forward OR at a minimum. prevented the team from getting into a 'here we go again, slow start April' rut.

leaving early on a weeknight game? That's understood -- just get to the game on time so we're not like Dodger fans who get there in about the third inning, join the cocktail party in the stands, glance to see if there's really some sort of game going on, and then leave about the sixth -- of course, they may not make it out of the parking lot until the 9th........