• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is vintage Pujols back?

Since his first home run that he blasted in Seattle, he's hitting .324/.425/.676/1.101 with 4 home runs over 40 PAs. And that's with a freaking .233 BABIP which is weird. So those number's could be much much higher if I understand babip correctly.

Big thing here, over that span he has a big fat zero in the strikeout department, and he's walking again now.

I'm extremely optimistic with Pujols at this point, I think he's gonna have one of his best years with us this season. His swing looks flat out dangerous right now, he's crushing balls and coming up with big hits. I think this is the Pujols the Cards fans were used to seeing. 

So in my opinion...Albert's back, baby.

Edited by Angels For Life

I knew he wasn't striking out much but didn't realize it was zero in the last six games. But to answer your question, no, but he has been very good lately. Us fans see what we want to see. So even if he gets an RBI early in the game, yet he grounds out to third later in the game, that's all some will remember. I try, and it's hard, to have a longer memory than that. Yesterday was a very good game for him, I'll take it!

Since his first home run that he blasted in Seattle, he's hitting .324/.425/.676/1.101 with 4 home runs over 40 PAs. And that's with a freaking .233 BABIP which is weird. So those number's could be much much higher if I understand babip correctly.

Big thing here, over that span he has a big fat zero in the strikeout department, and he's walking again now.

I'm extremely optimistic with Pujols at this point, I think he's gonna have one of his best years with us this season. His swing looks flat out dangerous right now, he's crushing balls and coming up with big hits. I think this is the Pujols the Cards fans were used to seeing. 

It's tough to tell. Vintage Pujols would have hot streaks which put this to shame. If this is his true level of play or close to it then it is a good sign. If this is his hot streak then it will be a long season.

As far as his BABIP improving, it might a little because he hits the ball hard, but he isn't a speedster who is going to beat out anything hit on the ground.

Sure hope so. WE NEED HIM TO BE VINTAGE PUJOLS! 

Vintage Pujols as in 2010 and before? I doubt it. But something like 2011? I think so. That would be about .300/.900 with 35 HR, which seems possible if he's healthy.

But when I think of vintage Pujols I think .330/.1000 with 40 HR, and I'd be very, very surprised if we ever see that. I think the best we could hope for is .300-.310, .900-.950 and 35-40 HR.

I knew he wasn't striking out much but didn't realize it was zero in the last six games. But to answer your question, no, but he has been very good lately. Us fans see what we want to see. So even if he gets an RBI early in the game, yet he grounds out to third later in the game, that's all some will remember. I try, and it's hard, to have a longer memory than that. Yesterday was a very good game for him, I'll take it!

On the season, 6 walks to just 4 strikeouts. 

No.  Vintage Pujols would have come through a lot more.  The game where he had the bases loaded one inning and 2 on other inning and grounded out both times with the Angels going on to lose the game come to mind.  He went 0-5 and it was on Pujols blanket night.  That's one game of many where he has not looked like himself.  He swings at pitches he NEVER would have earlier in his career and doesn't look like he cares as much.  It's gonna be a long 8 years but hopefully, he is really 38 right now and retires and frees up all that money.  I'm sorry but in the 2 years we have had him, he has been a bust.

No.  Vintage Pujols would have come through a lot more.  The game where he had the bases loaded one inning and 2 on other inning and grounded out both times with the Angels going on to lose the game come to mind.  He went 0-5 and it was on Pujols blanket night.  That's one game of many where he has not looked like himself.  He swings at pitches he NEVER would have earlier in his career and doesn't look like he cares as much.  It's gonna be a long 8 years but hopefully, he is really 38 right now and retires and frees up all that money.  I'm sorry but in the 2 years we have had him, he has been a bust.

Maybe if someone had offered up their blanket for him to use as a cape he would have gone 5-5.