• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kohn & Salas

Chuck

I don't know how anyone can be stoked on Herrera after last nights outing...that was pure luck that he got out of that without giving up any runs. That control is something scary..

I don't see him being around long. A warm body to fill a spot until some guys get some work done in the minors.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Kohn.

I still don't trust Salas in the slightest.

And Yoslan Herrera looks like a harder-throwing version of exactly what you would expect Yoslan Herrera to be. There's really no reason for him to continue to exist on this roster.

salas and herrera

Does sosh call them herry and sally? Ill have to look it up...but did herrera get the call up last week when we were in seattle? ...is that where they met?...

Almost xfiles-ish

I agree, Chuck. Particularly Kohn, though Salas is making some necessary adjustments. I am not a fan of Herrera, though. The man is 32 years old and has performed poorly in limited major league appearances. No shame to be, but he is a career minor leaguer is all. He started off shaky tonight, but knuckled down and got through the inning cleanly, so that is a good first step.

why is shoemaker in Salt Lake right now?

why is shoemaker in Salt Lake right now?

Ahhhh, but is he really "in" SLC? He had been used heavily and they needed someone else up here, but for all we know Shoe might have been at home all along, waiting to be re-activated. Not sure that the rules force a player to physically get on a plane when they are optioned.

Hopefully he isn't holed up at the Ivanhoe.

So I mentioned this in a thread but I didn't get a single response about it. When we were at FanFest watching Hamilton take batting practice, on the field talking to Gubi, was none other than Tony Phillips. I was blown away he was there. I kinda just figured he fell off the face of the earth. I certainly never expected him to be anywhere near the organization again.

With the string if recent promotions, more than anything, I'm looking forward to seeing this bullpen infused by the presence of Morin, Alvarez and Bedrock. That trio is going to be absolutely lethal, and when you mix them in with Smith and Frieri, suddenly the Angels bullpen could rival any in baseball. Whatever Kohn, Salas or Rasmus did at that point would matter little, they're just depth.

Notice I don't mention DDLR and Jepsen? There are consequences for riding a single reliever as much as Scioscia did last year. DDLR's arm may never ge the same. As for Jepsen, he's proof that a 95mph fastball means squat in the majors without deception, control, movement or a reliable second pitch.

Notice I don't mention DDLR and Jepsen? There are consequences for riding a single reliever as much as Scioscia did last year. DDLR's arm may never ge the same. As for Jepsen, he's proof that a 95mph fastball means squat in the majors without deception, control, movement or a reliable second pitch.

One would think Major League managers and coaches would be aware of this. But I guess when trying to win enough games to keep a job, the casualties are just cannon fodder.

No dipshit, check their gamelogs. Their past 4 appearances including tonight.

Salas's last four appearances include Saturday when he replaced Weaver and immediately blew the lead. Because the runners were inherited, they didn't affect his ERA.

Having just looked up Weaver's info for the other thread I thought I'd check on the guys mentioned in this thread as well.  Some interesting tidbits:

- Salas's slider is not moving, at all.  Prior to this year it had enough movement that PITCHf/x actually lists it as a curve.  This year, it's been straight as an arrow, and the source of a lot of the damage done against him.  

- The combination of velocity and movement on Kohn's fastball is ridiculously good.  Hopefully the command will be there.  

- To go with his new arm slot, Jepsen is throwing a "sinker" instead of a cutter now.  It gets quotation marks because "meatball" would be more descriptive.  Opponents are destroying it.  

I hope Kohn and Salas have given Sosh enough confidence to let them start the 7th more often. That's been a killer inning for us for a few years now.

Yep.

Kohn or Salas in the 7th, Smith in the 8th, Frieri in the 9th (and hope we have at least a 3 run lead).