• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Reasons to continue watching Angels Baseball...

Chuck

I'm looking for any reasons to continue watching outside of being a fan, hope and it's early, because after the recent losses on the field (injuries) and in the box scores, it eventually wears on me as a fan to the point where I don't give a crap anymore and would rather spend my time doing other things instead of getting frustrated watching the Angels lose more times than not.  

Anyhow, here's some reasons I came up with for myself and some that maybe relate to you. You can add to mine if you'd like.

• Mike Trout and his pursuit for an MVP
  • Watch the back half of our young pitching staff grow into future studs in Richards, Skaggs and Santiago
  • See Albert Pujols 500th career HR (hopefully at home)
  • We're not playing the Oakland A's the rest of the season
  • Despite where we're at in the standings, once Hamilton, Baylor & Calhoun come back, maybe we go on a good run?
  • The thought of seeing Grant Green, CJ Cron, Michael Morin, RJ Alvarez, Cam Bedrosian and Matt Long at some point
  • You will watch regardless, but your expectations are very low so that you never get pissed or frustrated going forward
  • It's early. We always suck in April? 
  • You've already pulled out the 2002 6-14 crutch to lean on, so you're good! 
  • In your mind you already had a goal to reach .500 for the month of April which is totally within reach still, just 3 games under
  • Maybe someone, perhaps two or three guys in the current bullpen get their shit together and are lights out from this point forward?
  • Ibanez, Freese, Kendrick, Pujols and one of our outfield fillers step up big for the next few weeks. 
  • We sweep the Detroit Tigers this weekend or have a good road trip overall. Then all is right again in the world of Angels Baseball
  • Because you have a favorite player that you want to see play, no matter how good or bad the team is.
  • There's nothing better than having a cold beer and watching the Angels and chatting with other Angels fans during the game, despite the W/L. Because you just love watching baseball and the Angels are the team you root for despite their failed pursuit for a playoff berth. You watch because you do not want to miss something amazing
  • You have nothing else better to do with your time. Baseball is your life! You have no life outside of Angels Baseball

In general I think there are two reasons to watch a team, aside from of course loyalty. One is that they're contending, and the second is that they're filled with up-and-coming talent and improving. Unfortunately the Angels fit neither category right now, which makes them less than exciting to watch.

Hoping that they are so bad Scioscia and Butcher get fired soon, and we can begin climbing back to being a well run team?

Other than that, not many reasons to suffer this crap.

I had that one down, but took it out. I knew one of yous would post this.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if we had a new regime either. Maybe that's why Baylor was brought in all along.

• There's nothing better than having a cold beer and watching the Angels and chatting with other Angels fans during the game, despite the W/L. Because you just love watching baseball and the Angels are the team you root for despite their failed pursuit for a playoff berth. You watch because you do not want to miss something amazing
  • You have nothing else better to do with your time. Baseball is your life! You have no life outside of Angels Baseball

Spot ****ing on

In general I think there are two reasons to watch a team, aside from of course loyalty. One is that they're contending, and the second is that they're filled with up-and-coming talent and improving. Unfortunately the Angels fit neither category right now, which makes them less than exciting to watch.

Trout, Richards, Skaggs, Santiago keep me interested. 

I was so stoked on Hamilton and Calhoun, now they're gone, and with that my enthusiasm as gone out the door as well. I'm hopeful we're not to far back in the standings by the time we get them both back. 

I also believe that we'll see Cron, Green and Morin/Bedrock/Alvarez before the season is over. 

I had that one down, but took it out. I knew one of yous would fill post this. 

To be honest, I wouldn't mind if we had a new regime either. Maybe that's why Baylor was brought in all along. 

Baylor would be no improvement. Nice guy, but not a manager...especially in this day and age.

Baylor, Baker, Scioscia all come from an age that is OVER.

We need new and energized blood, not another stolid guy who manages by rote, and stares into space without a clue.

Edited by Homebrewer

I'm sorry boys but I don't share your pessimism.  No doubt that this team looks bad so far, but I see plenty of fight.  They're locked in another extra inning game tonight.  As far as the injuries go, they have to develop the depth to cover for the problem, because there will always be injuries in baseball.  It's tough to find a winning formula, and as OregonLAA said when they find a way to improve to being in contention it's all the sweeter.

The worst of the losing for me is the inconsistency in the bullpen.  When you lose late it looks and feels twice as bad.  Of all the fires burning at the moment, they have to find some ways to improve their performance there.

I agree that it is hard to watch, but I don't believe they are as bad as they have shown so far.

Because if I can suffer through watching this team in the 90's, I can make it through this. Especially when they have the best player in baseball. It's truly a joy watching Trout play the game.

This.

Plus those tough playoff losses in 82 and 86, and 95. Damn!