• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Feeling frustrated

Jason

I have enjoyed watching baseball and the Halos more than any other sport over the years. I'm extremely frustrated with the poor baseball this team has been playing for the past few seasons. Tonight I turned the game on in the 5th and saw them down 4-1 and lost all interest in watching the rest (watching a show about gold on the History channel now). It really bothers me that I feel this way because the Angels have a player in Trout that is a once in a generation type player and I'm not watching because the rest of it ruins the experience. They may win the game tonight but my interest in watching any games at all is dwindling. Just thought I'd vent here since most here are Angel fans and MAY understand. Although some might think I'm just being a b***h.

The results piss me off but I didn't have that many expectations for this team anyway. Thought they could win around 84-86 games and then if basically everything went right they could hit 90...obviously, things have already gone south in a hurry(hamilton and calhoun injuries, burnett and DDLR  hurt)

It would be a lot more frustrating if I wasn't used to it. We've seen this for the past few years now, time to adjust the expectations of this team until they show us that they are actually a playoff contender

for thius year, I'm just looking forward to watching the young starters develop, which will be key for this team going forward and becoming a legitimate contender again...as well as watching Trout continue to do amazing things. Was also looking forward to seeing Calhoun but that's been derailed for a bit

next up is to see some of these young relievers get a shot to show what they have. I hope we see Morin/Bedrosian/Alvarez at some time this year

Edited by bloodbrother

I have enjoyed watching baseball and the Halos more than any other sport over the years. I'm extremely frustrated with the poor baseball this team has been playing for the past few seasons. Tonight I turned the game on in the 5th and saw them down 4-1 and lost all interest in watching the rest (watching a show about gold on the History channel now). It really bothers me that I feel this way because the Angels have a player in Trout that is a once in a generation type player and I'm not watching because the rest of it ruins the experience. They may win the game tonight but my interest in watching any games at all is dwindling. Just thought I'd vent here since most here are Angel fans and MAY understand. Although some might think I'm just being a b***h.

Completely understand. I feel the same way. Been following this team since the 70s and for really the first time I'm following through on my threats to ignore them. Apart from following them on this board I've maybe watched 6 or 8 innings this year. They've cast out the joy of the game. BTW, the contrast of how well the hockey team across the freeway is run vs. how poorly the Angels are managed is striking.

The results piss me off but I didn't have that many expectations for this team anyway. Thought they could win around 84-86 games and then if basically everything went right they could hit 90...obviously, things have already gone south in a hurry(hamilton and calhoun injuries, burnett and DDLR  hurt)

It would be a lot more frustrating if I wasn't used to it. We've seen this for the past few years now, time to adjust the expectations of this team until they show us that they are actually a playoff contender

for thius year, I'm just looking forward to watching the young starters develop, which will be key for them going forward and becoming a legitimate contender again...as well as watching Trout continue to do amazing things. Was also looking forward to seeing Calhoun but that's been derailed for a bit

next up is to see some of these young relievers get a shot to show what they have. I hope we see Morin/Bedrosian/Alvarez at some time this year

Umm, I think I spotted an error in your post.

Fernando Salas was not mentioned anywhere. What's up with that?

Ok, that's the one thing that pisses me off the most...the same old shit we've seen from this bullpen for years, including seeing the same faces(Jepsen mainly...seriously why the hell is this guy still a part of this pen)

I also am just done with Freese. That's probably a kneejerk reaction but I hated that trade from the start and with him playing like this it makes me hate it more and more. It's like the Vernon Wells thing with me. I was already soured on the player due to the awful trade, and their immediate play just made it worse.

ah, sweeps by M's and A's -- major division rivals -- not a good way to start the season.

I thought we were headed for at least a .500 ball April - which would be an improvement over the past two years -- but now the possibility of being swept by two division rivals (at Anaheim !) does not bode well........more of this and Scioscia may not make it out of April this time..........and I like Mike Scioscia but, really, can the Halos afford another poor start? Can Scioscia?

I agree. I wish for a different result, but it looks like the consistency of quality play we grown to enjoy will only be done by the opposing team.

I am in for the long haul..... How sweet it will be when the Angels return to being a top tier team..... hopefully before Trout's contract is finished.

I get it and feel much the same. It isn't just that they're losing more games than they're winning, but HOW they're losing.

But it goes beyond wins and losses and how they're losing. Its also team composition - if it were a team of up-and-coming young players, I'd be excited. But it isn't. You've got one superstar (Trout), two has-been stars (Hamilton, Pujols), a couple solid but aging and rather boring veterans (Aybar, Kendrick), and a whole bunch of mediocrities and past their prime players (Shuck, Cowgill, Iannetta, Ibanez, Freese). The only positions players other than Trout that have upside are either injured (Calhoun) or being benched (Conger) in favor of an inferior player.

is this game on Channel 13 (KCOP) down there?  I can't get in where I am.......am listening to Terry Smith on MLB audio.......I like Terry Smith's call of the game. Wish we were winning, though.

Baseball on the radio is great.......grew up with it.......very few TV games back in the day............folks don't realize how spoiled they are --  well, I guess it's a TURN BACK THE CLOCK season for Dodger fans LOL!!!

Have Ducks game on the tube listening to Halos.

4 to 2 Ducks, 12:42 left in the third.

Its not the losing as much as how they lose. A different goat every night, as soon as a guy looks like he is solid, (Smith) he blows up in a key situation, or a guy turns it around and then gets hurt. It seems like its been this way for years now, they tease you and rip your heart out.It must be love. I'm still keeping my eye on them because I want to be there whenever it turns around.