• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Brennan Boesch recalled from Triple-A Salt Lake.

Chuck

I can't stand how Scioscia treats the fans like we're retarded. At least Dipoto doesn't act like we don't know what the **** is going on.

These were my feelings when I read Scioscia's quote as well. It's like he just said f*ck you to every fan on here.

Thanks baffling us with BS buddy.

#Angels Mike Scioscia said Shuck will play almost every day, Cowgill and Boesch splitting time in the other spot, while Calhoun out.

Well at least he won't be playing everyday, I guess

The thing is, is that Long isn't more than a 4th OF, starter when dealing with injuries, so why not bring him into that role already? He is versatile, has speed, and can bring that youthful energy to the team. 

Just doesn't make sense.

The thing is, is that Long isn't more than a 4th OF, starter when dealing with injuries, so why not bring him into that role already? He is versatile, has speed, and can bring that youthful energy to the team. 

Just doesn't make sense.

Oh no, I agree 100%.

But at least Boesch will only get to flail away helplessly at the plate and misplay flyballs when righties are pitching. I guess that's a slight improvement.

These were my feelings when I read Scioscia's quote as well. It's like he just said f*ck you to every fan on here.

Thanks baffling us with BS buddy.

This is new in what way? Been going on for years when it comes to MS. The next time he says anything meant for the fans, that isn't canned and condescending, will be the first. He can't be bothered.

Edited by Homebrewer

Neither Boesch or Long is the answer so why would any of you question which is brought to the majors to sit on the bench while Cowgill gets most of the starts? This is like complaining the buffet has spinach instead of Brussels sprouts but you don't want either on your plate.

Well except for the fact that nothing said has indicated that Cowgill will get most of the starts.

And then there's the fact that we know Boesch is awful. Long might not be awful. Why not give that guy a shot?

Edited by jshep

Neither Boesch or Long is the answer so why would any of you question which is brought to the majors to sit on the bench while Cowgill gets most of the starts? This is like complaining the buffet has spinach instead of Brussels sprouts but you don't want either on your plate.

Give me the spinach all day, every day.

None of this really matters...these aren't the arguments that good teams have...we said depth was going to be a problem going into the season and one significant injury could hurt us.  Well it's been two weeks into the season and we've already had two significant injuries...this is what happens when you have no depth and a terrible farm system.  

because one is a prospect that can surprise and energize the team, and the other is a vet that has already proven he can't do much.

Calhoun was also seen as the same kind of player you just mentioned. Nothing more than a 4th outfielder.

Edited by Poozy

So it was a choice between the ugly we know and the ugly we don't know....   Neither one of those guys merits calling up.  

BTW, Randal Grichuk, .295/354/.523.  4 BB. 9 K, 2 HR.... 

Well, let's get him up here right now!

Oh, wait...

Edited by fan_since79

None of this really matters...these aren't the arguments that good teams have...we said depth was going to be a problem going into the season and one significant injury could hurt us.  Well it's been two weeks into the season and we've already had two significant injuries...this is what happens when you have no depth and a terrible farm system.  

I actually thought the Angels had great depth this year on the offensive side. I also thought Long, Green and Cron would see significant playing time when someone gets hurt and/or struggles

Edited by Poozy

Give me the spinach all day, every day.

Fine, you can push it around your plate and complain it's over cooked.

The fact is Scioscia does not make the call as to who is called up. He has enough to track without trying to figure out who in the minors is hot and who is not. The player development people send a guy up with a press blurb and he says something completely forgettable and the guy sits on the bench. What about the last x years did you guys not catch on to this?

Personally I like Brussels sprouts especially cooked up with some bacon.

Edited by Eric Notti

Well except for the fact that nothing said has indicated that Cowgill will get most of the starts.

1. J.B. Shuck (L) LF
2. Mike Trout Â® CF
3. Albert Pujols Â® 1B
4. Howie Kendrick Â® 2B
5. David Freese Â® 3B
6. Raul Ibanez (L) DH
7. Chris Iannetta Â® C
8. Collin Cowgill Â® RF
9. Erick Aybar (S) SS

I don't see any Boesch in tonight's lineup.