• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If you could only fire one person . . .

Great comeback last night to tie the game. Two tough losses in a row to a very good team.

Firing people this early in the season isn't the answer. I think this team is on the right track.

Comeback was fueled by the stupid decision to pitch to Trout with ofer Pujols on deck.  Trout is the ONLY serious threat in this lineup.  Bet they won't do that again.

If this team is on the right track, I'd not want to see the wrong track.

• 1 month later...

It's time...........

Scioscia manages like the movie Groundhog Day......only he keeps doing the same stupid things.

I am glad everyone in Angels baseball is satisfied with the results, or willing to wait for different results.  Next week, the Angels can continue to be submissive to the West and pee all over themselves. 

Yes fire Sosh. We are only fourth best record in the AL. Would be in the playoffs if season ended today.

I have a hard time with that "Game 163" wildcard playoff game.

Whenever there was a tie for the sole wildcard spot In the past, game 163 was played to settle the difference and nobody considered that the playoffs.

Yes fire Sosh. We are only fourth best record in the AL. Would be in the playoffs if season ended today.

No, we'd be in a single play-in game. Lose that game, and we're out. I hate the new wild card format with two teams. The play-in game is a crapshoot. Anything can happen in one game.

The old system at least rewarded the sole wild card team with a series against a division winner.

Edited by fan_since79

No, we'd be in a single play-in game. Lose that game, and we're out. I hate the new wild card format with two teams. The play-in game is a crapshoot. Anything can happen in one game.

The old system at least rewarded the sole wild card team with a series against a division winner.

I understand the reasoning behind rewarding the division winners and allowing two wild cards because of unbalanced schedules but one game is completely lame.

Should be a three game series, all three games at the home park of the top seeded wild card team.it's totally absurd that ateam can have a better headto head record and be six games up on the second wild card then still be out if they lose just one game (see Atlanta braves 2012)

Edited by ScottLux

Three game playoff at one site makes sense but that puts the rest of the league sitting on their hands for five days waiting to play. On one hand it allows them to rest and reset their pitching rotation but extends the season unless the format goes five then seven games series for the pennant. I would actually be in favor of that format.

I prefer the old system to but lets be accurate and factual.  The WC is not single game play in.  IT IS THE F'N PLAYOFFS.  MLB calls it the F'n playoffs.  The press calls it the playoffs.  Only spoiled fans who enjoy being miserable looks at positives as negatives call it a play in.

I prefer the old system to but lets be accurate and factual. The WC is not single game play in. IT IS THE F'N PLAYOFFS. MLB calls it the F'n playoffs. The press calls it the playoffs. Only spoiled fans who enjoy being miserable looks at positives as negatives call it a play in.

Meh.

If I was a GM what I would be willing to pick up at the trade deadline would be predicated if I won the division or not. Tough to rationalize trading prospects for roster help if your fate depends on 1 game.

I would be much more willing to be aggressive trading prospects if I was in 1st place come July 31 or in August compared to chasing an opportunity to join the party in a coin flip game.

I prefer the old system to but lets be accurate and factual.  The WC is not single game play in.  IT IS THE F'N PLAYOFFS.  MLB calls it the F'n playoffs.  The press calls it the playoffs.  Only spoiled fans who enjoy being miserable looks at positives as negatives call it a play in.

Of course MLB is going to spin it that way.  They have to in order to sell tickets. 

What I hate most about the two team wildcard is that it marginalizes the better record of the first wildcard team.  The two NL wildcard teams in 2012 were the Braves (94-68) and the Cardinals (88-74).  Despite a 6 game advantage in the standings, the Braves were reduced to the same level as the Cardinals, and then lost the play in game. 

Had this system been in place in 2002, the same thing might have happened.  Angels finished 99-63.  The second wildcard would have gone to the Red Sox or Mariners who both finished 93-69. 

The wild card game should be a best of three series.

Of course MLB is going to spin it that way. They have to in order to sell tickets.

What I hate most about the two team wildcard is that it marginalizes the better record of the first wildcard team. The two NL wildcard teams in 2012 were the Braves (94-68) and the Cardinals (88-74). Despite a 6 game advantage in the standings, the Braves were reduced to the same level as the Cardinals, and then lost the play in game.

Had this system been in place in 2002, the same thing might have happened. Angels finished 99-63. The second wildcard would have gone to the Red Sox or Mariners who both finished 93-69.

I would be pretty strongly opposed to making the wild card round 3 games.

1. What are the other teams in the dance suppose to do in the interim?

2. If you want to make the real playoffs win your division. It's that simple.

3. TV ratings will be better for a guaranteed do or die game than just another "playoff" game.

4. Opens up the possibility of expanding the "playoffs" even more. I am adamantly opposed to any more teams playing after regular season.