• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If you could only fire one person . . .

Those of you saying Scioscia are just frustrated. Its not his fault, look at the roster he has to deal with. We have had cancers on this team for years in Aybar and Kendrick. The 2 of them combined probably have the worst approaches in all of baseball. Then you look at our bullpen, yeah of course were going to suck.

Look at this shit on the field. No manager can fix that.

That's not the point. New blood is needed and some blood needs to be sacrificed soon. More blood than just a few minor coaches like last off season.

I'm not saying it is all Scioscia's fault this year because this team just flat out sucks, but someone needs to fire an opening shot.

I would fire Scioscia, Butcher, and Dipoto. Clean house completely and let the players know they are responsible for it.

i honestly have no clue how MS still has his job....he is by far one of the worst managers in MLB. he literally makes about 10 wrong decisions in a row followed by 1 good decision. his constant over managing would actually be enough for me to kick him the hell out

i wish the fatty would at least show some kind of emotion....brb turn the page , tip the cap...over and over again. 

Edited by HaloNation

i honestly have no clue how MS still has his job....he is by far one of the worst managers in MLB. he literally makes about 10 wrong decisions in a row followed by 1 good decision. his constant over managing would actually be enough for me to kick him the hell out

i wish the fatty would at least show some kind of emotion....brb turn the page , tip the cap...over and over again.

You can't call him fat anymore since he set the tone this offseason by only eating half pizzas instead of whole ones.

Those of you saying Scioscia are just frustrated.  Its not his fault, look at the roster he has to deal with.  We have had cancers on this team for years in Aybar and Kendrick.  The 2 of them combined probably have the worst approaches in all of baseball.  Then you look at our bullpen, yeah of course were going to suck.  

Look at this shit on the field.  No manager can fix that. 

not sure if serious...of course its not all his fault but think about it this way...you have cancer and the medication you have been given is not working....you're not improving at all....what do you do?you go to a different doctor and try a different treatment. at this point it can't get worse.

Edited by HaloNation

Dipoto has made some bad decisions, but it's not like we are getting blown out everyday because we don't have enough good players .

The offense is 3rd in the league in runs, and starting pitching has been slightly but above average.

Which means, management/bullpen has contributed negatively. Not to mention that good players suddenly start to suck once they come to the Angels.

They were very capable of taking the first 2 from the defending champs, you know.

Edited by moccasin

Dipoto has made some bad decisions, but it's not like we are getting blown out because we don't have good enough players everyday.

The offense is 3rd in the league in runs, and starting pitching has been slightly but above average.

Which means, managing has contributed negatively. Not to mention that good players suddenly start to suck once they come to the Angels.

My pops asked me that question today. He said, "Name one player that has come from another organization and gotten better with the Angels."

I couldn't name one.

I have my issues with how Scioscia manages. That said, it seems like he has been flexible and incorporated more data into his decision making process and made a few changes to his managerial approach.

I honestly don't see how firing him is in the club's best interests.

Too many here are doing their best Steinbrenner impression. No thank you.

This club is still facing the music resulting from Reagins destruction of the farm system in a desperate attempt to win now in 2010 and 2011. The owner compounded the problem by signing Pujols after 2011 to that wretched contract.

It will take time to build up the system to have a sustainable bench of cheap assets (prospects). It seems like the owner is finally on board with this more rational and evidence-based approach.

Edited by YouthofToday

Agreed with YOT. Im not against replacing sosh, but right now its not his fault. To be fair, last year either. This pen sucks.

I defend dipoto a lot, and mainly becsause I assume money is tight (trout signed a third year in a row giant offseason contract), but the fact we had money for garza but didnt try and buy another arm is ridiculous

I have my issues with how Scioscia manages. That said, it seems like he has been flexible and incorporated more data into his decision making process and made a few changes to his managerial approach.

I honestly don't see how firing him is in the club's best interests.

Too many here are doing their best Steinbrenner impression. No thank you.

This club is still facing the music resulting from Reagins destruction of the farm system in a desperate attempt to win now in 2010 and 2011. The owner compounded the problem by signing Pujols after 2011 to that wretched contract.

It will take time to build up the system to have a sustainable bench of cheap assets (prospects). It seems like the owner is finally on board with this more rational and evidence-based approach.

while I agree with everything you have said, to put a replacement level bullpen out there for the third year in a row is on Dipoto.  Granted there have been payroll flexibility issues, but it's been a glaring issue that just hasn't been addressed properly. 

Dipoto hardly is blameless. However, it seems every other system in baseball has washed up SP prospects who can throw 95+ with an average breaking pitch who provide stability in the middle innings with no service time.

When was the last time we had these inexpensive options?

These options would be a part of the cycle from the 2008-2011 Rule IV drafts.

Edited by YouthofToday

In dipotos defense Doc (and I agree with you), burnett should have been a big part of the pen. And to be fair, I dont think anyone could have seen pujols' sudden drop off, or hamiltons 2013.

Again, I agree dipoto has to answer for this. But, some of his less questionable moves have been horrible luck

I actually don't put Pujols or Hamilton on Dipoto.  But I will say that there appears to be a clear philosophy about the pen to piecemeal and makeshift the crap out of it and hope for the best.  I am not saying he should have traded the farm away for pen parts, but the pen was replacement level last year and the year before.  But how do you add Salas and Smith and call it a day after last years debacle.  The Burnett injury is unfortunate, but if you are coming into this season expecting him to be there then shame on him. 

They needed a closer to move Frieri down.  They needed Joe Smith.  And they needed one more solid arm like a Krod or like. 

I gave him the benefit of the doubt that Salas was going to return to 2011 form and Jepsen was going to figure it out with his new arm angle, but I didn't see these guys pitch in winter ball and spring.  They did.  And now it's April 16th and we are already to Yoslan Herrera. 

Maybe Herrera works out.  Maybe Lyon or Rasmus or a couple of the young guys do instead.  But we are back to tryouts in April and May when we should be winning games.  The pen has probably cost us as least three wins so far. They are 6-8 with the pen being a disaster and not hitting with RISP.  How would you feel if they were 9-5 instead?

Dipoto hardly is blameless. However, it seems every other system in baseball has washed up SP prospects who can throw 95+ with an average breaking pitch who provide stability in the middle innings with no service time.

When was the last time we had these inexpensive options?

These options would be a part of the cycle from the 2008-2011 Rule IV drafts.

but we don't have those guys and Dipoto knows that damn well.  He has for 3 years now and nothing has changed.