• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Angels lose challenge in key spot in ninth

That's a whining whiner's thing to say. Calling him safe there changes the whole inning. I thought for sure it would get overturned but it looks like they'll side with the ump (who was caught out of position because he didn't expect the bobble) on anything not blatant.

A tie never went to the runner. That's little league stuff.

He was called out. A tie means there isn't enough to overturn it. I agree. I saw nothing in the replays that would have made me overturn the call. It could have gone either way on the field. It didn't go our way. If the call was reversed and Melvin challenged I'd expect the same thing. The play was too close for a challenge to matter.

Edited by HaloMagic

A tie never went to the runner. That's little league stuff.

He was called out. A tie means there isn't enough to overturn it. I agree. I saw nothing in the replays that would have made me overturn the call. It could have gone either way on the field. It didn't go our way. If the call was reversed and Melvin challenged I'd expect the same thing. The play was too close for a challenge to matter.

Exactly.  Sosh and Kendrick are whining about how "obvious" the call should have been, and people on here are acting like he was safe by 20 feet.  It was a bang-bang play.