• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The David Freese Appreciation Thread

Freese wasn't good last year either. There's a reason why many Angels fans didn't like the trade.

I had no issue getting Freese if the cost wasn't too much but I can't get over losing Bourjos for this guy we've seen. Hell, we could've used a reliever instead and had a Lucho/Green platoon at 3rd and we'd better off now.

This guy is going to be non-tendered unless he's dfa'd first. Personally, I like Jerry and have been a supporter, but the overall track record of trades and signings are getting harder and harder to defend. Thought this trade was a lot like the Hanson trade. St. Louis dumped two players, and two salaries, they didn't for two cheaper guys with possible upside.

Also, David Freese is not the reason this team is losing ballgames.  Granted, he hasn't done anything to help then win, but the entire team is doing exactly what it did last year.  Finding ways to lose games they shouldn't. 

The SP hasn't been bad -- 3.81 ERA combined, averaging 6.1 IP per start.  The defense has been much improved, ranking 6th in MLB in defensive efficiency..  The offense despite it's issues with RISP has been productive 3rd most runs in MLB.   The bullpen on the other hand is an iceberg capable of sinking any ship ever built.

Also while I agree he isn't why we are losing, he's done precious little to help win any games.

Edited by Inside Pitch

He's certainly not helping the team, but frankly, who is right now? No one is hitting to their potential. Some are closer than others, but other than the outpouring in one game, no one is having a great start. Hamilton was until he made a knucklehead and costly play. 

I'm really wanting to see this team turn things around, but it sure seems like a replay of last season, a team with little heart and that plays with almost zero joy.  Watching the Angels play right now is like watching my wife vaccuum the house.

Well, at least my wife has a nice ass.

My favorites are the almost Angels like Tom Candiotti, Jose Canseco, Chad Cordero, Dontrell Wilis, and now Mark Mulder. 

Man I was stoked when we signed Canseco. 

Yeah, those are good drops.

I'm a fan of the Reggie Willits types like Jeff Davanon and Rene Gonzales. Any time someone can drop a bench player like Matt Walbeck or Josh Paul is sweet too.

The one offs like Canseco or Bo Jackson are swell.

Yeah, those are good drops.

I'm a fan of the Reggie Willits types like Jeff Davanon and Rene Gonzales. Any time someone can drop a bench player like Matt Walbeck or Josh Paul is sweet too.

The one offs like Canseco or Bo Jackson are swell.

Orlando Palmeiro was the man!