• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

More North Korea Propaganda

How would our territories be in greater danger if we didn't have troops in Korea? The only thing NK can do is lob missiles and we can take care of those before they come near us. We aren't doing anything there that the South Koreans can't do themselves.

You'll have your answer if you look at the deployment and the strategic roles they play in the region for the defense of our territories and allies. They aren't unimportant and their removal would have an impact on defending Guam etc. Your argument is from ignorance. But you couldn't care less if our allies or Guam are left more vulnerable. 

All those bases in South Korea and Japan help keep China (and Russia) from getting too comfortable. They are mostly defensive and interceptor type equipment but the provisions are in place to get a striking force ready pretty quickly.

the North Koreans know they cannot survive an actual war with us and that an invasion of South Korea would result in massive casualties and defections with very little positive result. I still think it's just a way to get the world to bail them out while making it appear to their people that it was their strength and resolve that caused us all to cave. 

Because our forces in Okinawa, Philippines, etc. are just kickin' back drinking Mai Tai's right? Let's not forget that our ground troops would probably not have anything to do with preventing a missile from landing on Guam (unless they have exceptional balance and can form a very tall human ladder). We have subs and aircraft carriers up the ass off the Korean peninsula. There's no need for us to be paying to house, feed and arm 28,000 tropps next to the Korean DMZ. 

Last I heard, the South Koreans have a decent military of their own. Let them deal with it.

Created in 1948, following the division of Korea, the Republic of Korea Armed Forces is one of the largest standing armed forces in the world with a reported personnel strength of 3,539,000 in 2012 (639,000 active force and 2,900,000 regular reserve), and additional 300,000 paramilitary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Korea_Armed_Forces

Being stationed in Korea is not a bad gig. You make quite a bit of money there and it's a nice place to live. It's not different than being stationed in Japan and saying we should leave and let the Japanese defend themselves. Should we? No. Yeah, South Korea may have a huge army, but take a look at how many of those are reserves. Plus, add in the fact that you have Yakota, Iwakuni, Kadena, Futenma, and Anderson all within arms reach. And those are just the biggest bases, I'm not even mentioning places like Camp Foster, Camp Lester, Camp Hansen, Camp Kinser, Misawa AB, NAF Atsugi, and Camp Zama. The sheer amount of American Military Iron in the Pacific region is rediculous. Not to mention the amount of C-5's and C-17's loaded with equipment and personnel that would flock over here if anything kicked off.

We'd wreck their shit.

It still doesn't negate the fact that our military can defend Guam just fine without troops being stationed in Korea.

Like I said, let the South Koreans defend themselves. Enough with policing the world.

The troops aren't in South Korea to help defend Guam, you're right. But we do need to keep a military presence in South Korea. We don't have that many people over there.

You'll have your answer if you look at the deployment and the strategic roles they play in the region for the defense of our territories and allies. They aren't unimportant and their removal would have an impact on defending Guam etc. Your argument is from ignorance. But you couldn't care less if our allies or Guam are left more vulnerable. 

My argument is not from ignorance. I understand what kind of military personel are stationed in Korea. I simply disagree with your position regarding their importance in defending our territories.

If there's one thing we can agree on LT, it's that we love the Angels and that North Korea needs a new ad campaign.

I saw a report this morning that says the U.S. can shoot down any missile they may dare to launch.

If they do launch, I can see a response by us that would immediately destroy ALL their fixed missile sites and a bunch of other military stuff.

It's going to be interesting to watch.