• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Boston Marathon

Tomorrow marks the anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombing that killed 3 and injured 264. 

A sad event for sure, but why is the east coast mourning this like it was another 9/11 in terms of casualties?  Only a small number were seriously injured.  No, I'm not marginalizing their pain, but everyday in the world there are bombings, mass murders, and other events far more gruesome AND deadly.  Every single day. 

Are Bostonians really so self-absorbed that they only react like this when it happens to them?

Everything is much more important when it happens to Boston or NY. Without minimizing the tragedy by comparison but the same thing is happening now that instant replay has affected a game involving NY and Boston. Mush more coverage and outrage now that replay has gone against one of the REAL teams.

Wondering outloud . . . International Terrorist attack involving hundreds more than Sandy Hook, first anniversary, yearly event, big boston tradition, Patriots Day celebration - those things carry some weight with the locals.

Besides, everyone knows Sandy Hook was a govt operation and the grieving parents were just hired actors who turned on the tears at just the right time.

Wondering outloud . . . International Terrorist attack involving hundreds more than Sandy Hook, first anniversary, yearly event, big boston tradition, Patriots Day celebration - those things carry some weight with the locals.

Besides, everyone knows Sandy Hook was a govt operation and the grieving parents were just hired actors who turned on the tears at just the right time.

I guess to me, a casualty is a casualty, regardless of the cause.  Why idolize the Boston Marathon victims and ignore everybody else who gets injured or dies under different circumstances? 

I'm flying into BOS tomorrow evening and flying out the day of the marathon, although I'm not there for the race or the anniversary. I plan to spend some time in the city tomorrow night and Thursday, it will be interesting to see the amount of security present, what's open or restricted, and how everyone handles all the emotion.

No one has reported an update on the one suspect kid that has been arrested huh? What the heck ever happened to him?

That's something I thought MT would have brought up.

Don't know much, he's still in jail awaiting trial as far as I know. 

I think part of this was the fact that it was domestic terrorism.  For some reason a shooting is seen differently than a bombing.  Not saying its right or wrong, that is just the way it is.  I don't believe it has anything to do with it being Boston.