• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

There is Hope!

stormngt

Last year after 12 games we were 4-8 and 4.5 games out of first place. We were 4-8 after 12 games in 2012 as well.    This year we are 6-6 and 2 games out.  Not a great start, but definitely a better one.  It is important for us not to hit stumble and compete.  I will be happy staying close to 500 for April....for a change.

The schedule has been weak. 4 games against the pathetic Astros (even if improved), 3 games against the awful Mets and 5 games against the improved but still average-ish Mariners? Forgive me for not being optimistic after a 6-6 start against two shitty teams and a divisional rival that destroyed us without Iwakuma or Walker... And we even dodged Felix during the 2-game series.

We will see what the Angels do against real competition.

The schedule has been weak. 4 games against the pathetic Astros (even if improved), 3 games against the awful Mets and 5 games against the improved but still average-ish Mariners? Forgive me for not being optimistic after a 6-6 start against two shitty teams and a divisional rival that destroyed us without Iwakuma or Walker... And we even dodged Felix during the 2-game series.

We will see what the Angels do against real competition.

Angels, your posts so far have been mostly negative, which is fine. However, in a thread focusing on the positives either be positive or neutral or don't post in the thread.

Athletics 8-4

Tigers 6-4

Nationals7-5

Yankees 7-6

Indians 6-7

Other than the Athletics all these teams are barely over .500. Explain to me how this will make or break our season? I really don't understand this logic. Of course, I hope the Angels win every game.

Ya this week and next week will be tough games

Athletics

Tigers

Nationals

Yankees

Indians

We'll see by month's end what kinda team we are

See this Angels, this is a good way to post in this kind of thread without shitting on the nature of the thread, yet not necessarily agreeing.

I don't think my posts have been mostly negative at all. The rant thread can skew someone's perceptions. :) Before the season started, I felt good about the Angels chances of making the postseason. I still kinda do, though maybe I'm not quite as optimistic as I was at the time. I've also given praise to the team and players when due and constructive criticism when necessary.

Edited by Angels

Guys, 

If last season and other campaigns have shown us anything it's two things:

1. It doesn't matter who the competition is, the Angels have beaten good teams and lost to shitty teams (See last season going 6-0 against the Tigers, terrible against the Stros).

2. Traditionally, the Angels seem to play to the level of their competition. 

Just let the season play out and hope for the best. Enjoy the optimism along the way. Life is too short to be pessimistic about the things you enjoy, which in this case is the Angels. 

Considering how the Weaver fades after the first 5 innings, the gas can that is Salas among others, and the almost complete lack of clutch hitting (other than Raul's shot), I'm actually optimistic. I think Weaver will get better, the clutch hitting is getting better and the arsonists in the bullpen are already getting moved around.