• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Big day for Tommy Hanson?

No.  He will be on the starting lineup even if he gets rocked today.  There are 3.275 million reasons why.  I also believe he is out of options.

I agree. The Angels are paying him too much to not let him start the first couple of months. Actually he's making 3.725 M this year. 

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/h/hansoto01.shtml

No.  He will be on the starting lineup even if he gets rocked today.  There are 3.275 million reasons why.  I also believe he is out of options.

Ya, he'll have his chances regardless of what happens today.

Of course it would be wonderful for everyone's confidence if he could do anything that indicates that he's not broken.

He's had ups this spring?

His last start was promising. 

But if he looks like crap the next couple tune up starts, I wouldn't put it past Dipoto/Scioscia to DL him to start the season. This would give him some time to work shit out in AAA while giving Richards the nod in his spot. 

Hanson not pitching against the #WhiteSox in Glendale; probably throwing in an intrasquad game, instead. AJ Schugel starting in place.

hmmm . .. that DL scenario is starting to sound more and more plausible.

Sounds like it's just about being able to control his pitch count better by throwing him in a Triple-A game.

AO, He is a back end of the rotation guy due to that. I was watching him quite a bit on the fields and then during the game the other day of course. I came away from that pretty impressed. I dont know if he will be any different than his past performances but I wouldn't be that worried if he was inserted into the starting rotation either.